Congrats to the 67s…

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
For winning the League Championship for the third time in the last four seasons.
Good for Ottawa! Nice to see a team doing something successful. Hockey is graded on wins and losses. Fans want to see teams in the win column especially at home games. Sitting watching your team lose constantly is depressing especially when you pay big bucks for entertainment. Even 10 dollar beers are hard to swallow when the team your cheering for can't put 60 minutes into a game once in a while. We couldn't afford the beers anyway. The two guys that sat beside us when we had season tickets drank enough to keep you high on fumes.;)

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This didn’t age well……

How did it not age well. Did they not win the League Championship (not playoff but regular season)? How does something that a team actually do not age well?

It would be like saying the Bruins won the Presidents Trophy and lost in round two and that did not age well.

Reactions: Ferda11

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
How did it not age well. Did they not win the League Championship (not playoff but regular season)? How does something that a team actually do not age well?

It would be like saying the Bruins won the Presidents Trophy and lost in round two and that did not age well.
This didn’t age well because it was a self congratulatory post that was for ultimately nothing. This isn’t European football. No one calls finishing with the best regular season record “winning the league championship” in any hockey league that has a playoff.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

"League Championship" 🤣

They won no such thing.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This didn’t age well because it was a self congratulatory post that was for ultimately nothing. This isn’t European football. No one calls finishing with the best regular season record “winning the league championship” in any hockey league that has a playoff.

The NHL awards a major trophy called the Presidents Trophy. The OHL awards a major Trophy called the Hamilton Spectator Trophy.

I typically wouldn’t mention it other than Ottawa winning it 3 times in 4 seasons which is, what I consider, a major accomplishment. Not many teams have sustained success at the Major Junior level. If you actually go back to post #1 I SPECIFICALLY state the congratulations for doing it three times in four seasons, not for winning it THIS season.

If you don’t consider that a major accomplishment, we can discuss it in more detail but IMO, finishing at the top of the standings 3 in 4 season is an accomplishment. I think there are a lot of teams in this league that would like to do it ONCE! One trip to the FINAL, one cancelled playoff and an unfortunate 2nd round exit this year is a strong four year run. We can only speculate what would have happened in the cancelled playoff but nonetheless, it isn’t meaningless to the fans of teams that do actually taste some success, especially sustained success.

In a league that points to London as the ONLY TEAM to generally achieve sustained success, I think it is nice that another team has stepped up and has made positive strides.

Otto

The NHL awards a major trophy called the Presidents Trophy. The OHL awards a major Trophy called the Hamilton Spectator Trophy.

I typically wouldn’t mention it other than Ottawa winning it 3 times in 4 seasons which is, what I consider, a major accomplishment. Not many teams have sustained success at the Major Junior level. If you actually go back to post #1 I SPECIFICALLY state the congratulations for doing it three times in four seasons, not for winning it THIS season.

If you don’t consider that a major accomplishment, we can discuss it in more detail but IMO, finishing at the top of the standings 3 in 4 season is an accomplishment. I think there are a lot of teams in this league that would like to do it ONCE! One trip to the FINAL, one cancelled playoff and an unfortunate 2nd round exit this year is a strong four year run. We can only speculate what would have happened in the cancelled playoff but nonetheless, it isn’t meaningless to the fans of teams that do actually taste some success, especially sustained success.

In a league that points to London as the ONLY TEAM to generally achieve sustained success, I think it is nice that another team has stepped up and has made positive strides.
Not questioning the success of the 67s. They have done a great job the last few years. However your use of the phrase "League Champions" is factually incorrect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_134523_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_134523_Google.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: rangersblues

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

If the Bruins got knocked out in the second round, nobody would be calling them "NHL Champions".

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not questioning the success of the 67s. They have done a great job the last few years. However your use of the phrase "League Champions" is factually incorrect.

Thanks, professor. Unless the OHL is awarding the League Championship as defined by you prior to the playoffs, only an idiot would infer differently. I think any rational person would understand the intent of the post.

Admittedly, I could have been more clear regarding the congrats for it being 3 of 4 seasons not just this year but why we are even having the conversation from this perspective seems stupid to me. Arguing over semantics is not productive. I think everyone understands the meaning of the use of League Champs in this context considering the playoffs hadn’t even started yet. Next time I will reference the actual trophy so there is no confusion for those with a “correction complex.”

• Haha
Reactions: Otto

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If the Bruins got knocked out in the second round, nobody would be calling them "NHL Champions".

If someone called the Bruins League Champs at the conclusion of the regular season, I think the average person would understand the intent was Regular Season Champs or President Trophy winners.

I assume everyone at all times other than me make themselves completely understood in a way there doesn’t leave anything open for correction or interpretation. I wish I were as perfect….

As the 67s 3 of the last 4 years!… bahahahaha

EDIT: as the 67s in the regular season in case there was further confusion…..

Otto

Thanks, professor. Unless the OHL is awarding the League Championship as defined by you prior to the playoffs, only an idiot would infer differently. I think any rational person would understand the intent of the post.

Admittedly, I could have been more clear regarding the congrats for it being 3 of 4 seasons not just this year but why we are even having the conversation from this perspective seems stupid to me. Arguing over semantics is not productive. I think everyone understands the meaning of the use of League Champs in this context considering the playoffs hadn’t even started yet. Next time I will reference the actual trophy so there is no confusion for those with a “correction complex.”
Ya... facts matter "proffessor" otherwise you deserve all of the crap bestowed upon you and your high horse.

If someone called the Bruins League Champs at the conclusion of the regular season, I think the average person would understand the intent was Regular Season Champs or President Trophy winners.

I assume everyone at all times other than me make themselves completely understood in a way there doesn’t leave anything open for correction or interpretation. I wish I were as perfect….

As the 67s 3 of the last 4 years!… bahahahaha

EDIT: as the 67s in the regular season in case there was further confusion…..
Nah... the average person would call that person an "idiot" for even suggesting they were League Champions.

Reactions: rangersblues

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ya... facts matter "proffessor" otherwise you deserve all of the crap bestowed upon you and your high horse.

It can be stated in a way much less smug. You come across as a smug and passive aggressive most of the time so I treat you as such. Refer back to your very first reply with dripping sarcasm. If you wanted to “constructively correct” my statement, you could have done so without being rude.

Again, IMO only those that want to stir the pot needlessly would feel the need to technically correct my statement. The statement stands as is and those that can look past “factual errors” and understand the sentiment behind it (like @bobber did) can and have taken the statement as intended. For some reason, you feel a pressing need to insert yourself needlessly and do it in a way that is arrogant and smug. It’s not a good look for you. You should try to be more fun. But instead you can have your technical win if it helps you sleep better at night.

• Haha
Reactions: Otto

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Somehow a light hearted acknowledgement of sustained success for a franchise not named the Knights became a lightning rod. Ridiculous and completely needless.

Otto

It can be stated in a way much less smug. You come across as a smug and passive aggressive most of the time so I treat you as such. Refer back to your very first reply with dripping sarcasm. If you wanted to “constructively correct” my statement, you could have done so without being rude.

Again, IMO only those that want to stir the pot needlessly would feel the need to technically correct my statement. The statement stands as is and those that can look past “factual errors” and understand the sentiment behind it (like @bobber did) can and have taken the statement as intended. For some reason, you feel a pressing need to insert yourself needlessly and do it in a way that is arrogant and smug. It’s not a good look for you. You should try to be more fun. But instead you can have your technical win if it helps you sleep better at night.
Nah.. the smugness came from your initial post.

Somehow a light hearted acknowledgement of sustained success for a franchise not named the Knights became a lightning rod. Ridiculous and completely needless.
Near as I can see it's not only Knights fans who called you out... but sure if it makes you feel better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad