Congrats to Draisaitl! Most points in a season by a German player!

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
With his 60th point tonight. He has surpassed Marco Sturm for most points in a season by a German player! Ze German Gretzky he is!

Congrats to Drai. If MacT did anything right it was picking this kid. Rumour had it they would have taken him over Ekblad, but who knows if that's true. Hindsight is 20/20 but he could very well turn out to be the best in his class.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Congrats to Drai. If MacT did anything right it was picking this kid. Rumour had it they would have taken him over Ekblad, but who knows if that's true. Hindsight is 20/20 but he could very well turn out to be the best in his class.

Hmm hadn't heard that rumor. 20/20 I could see maybe Drats of Ekblad... but at the draft with team needs in mind. Ekblad all day.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Did anybody else get the feeling that he was unhappy that Gene brought that up in the interview? As soon as Gene mentioned it, Drai's body language changed a bit and he seemed to want to not take any focus away from the fact that Sturm had previously been the highest scoring German player. Almost as if the fact that he surpassed Sturm was some kind of slight towards a player he has a lot of respect for.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Did anybody else get the feeling that he was unhappy that Gene brought that up in the interview? As soon as Gene mentioned it, Drai's body language changed a bit and he seemed to want to not take any focus away from the fact that Sturm had previously been the highest scoring German player. Almost as if the fact that he surpassed Sturm was some kind of slight towards a player he has a lot of respect for.

I dont think so. I saw his reaction as humility. As good as these guys are, it's uncomfortable sometimes hearing someone else toot your horn or list your accomplishments.

Also, he's barely scratched the surface of his potential. So to give him praise on a milestone that he fully expects to break over and over, might also make him feel a bit awkward in accepting congrats. In his head, something like "thanks, but I can do better"

My 2 cents...

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
He is also took sole possession of 7th all time for NHL points by a German national on March 14th vs Dallas.

1. Marco Strum 487pts
2. Jochen Hecht 463pts
3. Christian Ehrhoff 339pts
4. Uwe Krupp 281pts
5.Dennis Seidenberg 243pts
6. Marcel Goc 188pts
7. Leon Driasaitl 121pts

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
It still boggles my mind why the Oilers traded Hecht after 1 season. Wasn't he the centrepiece behind the Weight deal? He had multiple 56 pets seasons in Buffalo after leaving Edmonton. I guess it's fine since the 2 2nd rounders we got for him turned into Stoll and JDD. Stoll was a way better player anyway.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Iif Leon averages 70 points per season over his career from now till the age of 30 he's gonna smash those records.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
To go back to the theme of crow-eating from my earlier thread, man was I ever wrong about Drai. I actually wanted Bennett because while I saw the tantalizing potential in Drai, I figured Edmonton would never be the place for him to develop given our track record. Bennett seemed to need less development even if his ceiling was probably lower. Plus he had sandpaper in his game that I thought the team could use in the top 6. So far, I'm very wrong and very happy about that - Drai's even shown to be a lot tougher and more physical than I expected.

Looking forward to him smashing this mark in future years! :)

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
This confidence he has, would not be there if it weren't for Hall last year. I'm sure of it.
I remember reading tons of articles of the positive impact Hall had on Drai's game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Draisaitl ist ein sehr guter Spieler und ein guter Kerl. Natürlich ist er, weil er Deutsch.:handclap::yo:

McDavid Gilmour

Jun 7, 2016
E-Town
It still boggles my mind why the Oilers traded Hecht after 1 season. Wasn't he the centrepiece behind the Weight deal? He had multiple 56 pets seasons in Buffalo after leaving Edmonton. I guess it's fine since the 2 2nd rounders we got for him turned into Stoll and JDD. Stoll was a way better player anyway.

I have no idea why the 90's/early 2000's management gave up on some of the players they did. Guys like Satan and Whitney also come to mind.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
It's a shame to see those humble german skills on hfOil only when Drai sets records. :laugh: Keep going, guys. :cheers:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No doubt that he will be setting many records for German players

Prost! :cheers:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He is also took sole possession of 7th all time for NHL points by a German national on March 14th vs Dallas.

1. Marco Strum 487pts
2. Jochen Hecht 463pts
3. Christian Ehrhoff 339pts
4. Uwe Krupp 281pts
5.Dennis Seidenberg 243pts
6. Marcel Goc 188pts
7. Leon Driasaitl 121pts

Pretty safe to say he'll be #1 on that by the time he's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad