Recalled/Assigned: Confirmed: Korshkov Called Up

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I am thinking top 9 winger. Robertson factor being why i think that.
I think they will give robertson more time even start him in the AHL too.
I know the kid is good, but it just seems like that's the MO for the leafs now.
If nylander spent that much time with the marlies, I think robertson will see some too

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If nylander spent that much time with the marlies, I think robertson will see some too

I don’t think he will see much(most likely) or any ( less likely) timewith the Marlies. Shot and work ethic/ skill is there. All about skating,strength and hockey IQ at a higher level

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
As they should. There's absolutely NO reason to rush him or promote him straight to the league without any AHL time.

Unlike when Nylander was in the AHL we have the luxury of a defined top 4 which makes up 2/3 of each our top 2 lines.

We also have a dearth of prospects on the LW and honestly, do we expect him to outperform Hyman or Kerfoot or Mikhayev or Johnsson or Engvall? Ideally he will surpass most, if not all of these guys, but throw a Leafs jersey on him next season (or even the season after that) ... and we're rushing him imo.

Let's not let the goal scoring binge he's on the the OHL cloud that he's still very young, and his skating needs work. Smaller guys need to be quick if not downright fast, and he's got a gear he still needs to work on. This is something that Marner's put a LOT of work into from the first time I watched him play.

Even if he's in the O next year I don't think it's something anyone needs to worry about "stunting" his development. Yes he's doing well ... very well this year, but let's see him become a better playmaker, of course let's see him get bigger and stronger and faster, let's see him get that OHL playoff and hopefully memorial cup experience.

If all that goes as planned he'll be joining the big 4 in their prime on an ELC, flanking one of their wings, winning the Calder trophy and cups and we all live happily ever after

Reactions: saltming

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I'd love both Korshkov and Marchment to play. Marchy looked bad in his audition but has been on fire down there since. That'd be a real big bodied bottom 6.

Korshkov-Spezza-Kapanen
Clifford-Engvall-Marchment

Smallest guy is Kappy at 6'1"...
This a test run for the Bruins?lol

Remember that bear theory. I don't have to outrun the bear, I have to out run you

Mason doesnt have to out play or out contribute anyone, as long as he out shines GOAT.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I don’t think he will see much(most likely) or any ( less likely) timewith the Marlies. Shot and work ethic/ skill is there. All about skating,strength and hockey IQ at a higher level
Yes but strength in particular takes time to grow. Where will that be done? My guess is with the marlies.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
If he is more physical than Goat, which I assume he is, I can see Goat's NHL career over.

I've cheered so hard for the Goat for so long, but, I think the next time he gets waived is his last.
I love the guy's story and everything, but, there is no 'nice guy/gentleman' role for a bottom 6 player.

It's too bad, because he has potential to really make a difference, but he can't change his personality unfortunately.
Agreed. Unfortunately it seems to me that the Goat is actually becoming more ineffective as time goes along, and I don't see him as a viable NHL centre anymore.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Havent been able to follow the Marlies as I would have liked to this season: admittedly the reports ive read arent the most optimistic about him, but if the Leafs can even get a 4th liner type player out of him its better than nothing

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I liked him tonight. Will be effective at this level given time. Could prob play 4th line now in limited minutes.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
"Play the kids"

Nice seeing Korshkov get his 1st NHL goal in his 1st NHL game.

I also love how Leafs are really starting to supersize the Leafs line-up with guys like him over small waterbugs like Petan and Timashov etc.

This bigger stronger players like Korshkov make the Leafs harder to play against if they use their size to their advantage.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Remember that bear theory. I don't have to outrun the bear, I have to out run you

Mason doesnt have to out play or out contribute anyone, as long as he out shines GOAT.
The goat should be a toss in on a deal before the deadline.

Reactions: Ciao

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Korshkov Engvall Kapanen
Clifford Gauthier Spezza

No player under 6'

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Wow.... I never knew Marner was actually listed at 6’. That has to be exaggerated right? No way he’s that tall.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
"Play the kids"

Nice seeing Korshkov get his 1st NHL goal in his 1st NHL game.

I also love how Leafs are really starting to supersize the Leafs line-up with guys like him over small waterbugs like Petan and Timashov etc.

This bigger stronger players like Korshkov make the Leafs harder to play against if they use their size to their advantage.
Was last night our biggest roster of the year?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Was last night our biggest roster of the year?

I would think so with Marchment and Korskov replacing AJ and Timashov.

But there is a difference being big and playing big.. Leafs ability to cycle using size and strength could be an advantage as long as effort and willingness is applied.

Korshkov made an instant 1st impression, lets hope he gets a few more opportunities.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I would think so with Marchment and Korskov replacing AJ and Timashov.

But there is a difference being big and playing big.. Leafs ability to cycle using size and strength could be an advantage as long as effort and willingness is applied.

Korshkov made an instant 1st impression, lets hope he gets a few more opportunities.
He was fine, but we looked awful as a team. Oddly we looked slow to react, especially on the wings in the first. I take Timo over Marchment any day of the week, even with the size difference.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Mitch Marner was 5'11 160 on draft day, there is a good chance he's 6 now. I think he is about 6 180.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Korshkov's best year in the KHL was 52 games, 26 points, mostly he was a 3rd or 4th liner except when he was riding the pine.

Outside of his size, 6'4" 214 lbs, I don't think there's much to get excited about.

I think his upside is a lateral to the Goat.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00