Speculation: Confirmed by Canucks GM Allvin- Canucks have made a contract extension offer to Filip Hronek

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think 7 is the correct number for Hronek. Both in years and AAV. Maybe he gets more bcuz taxes.
Forslings deal, as well as the rumored Hanifin contract are not working In Hronek's favor. 7x7-7.5 is probably the range.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
As others have said he still has a lot to prove. I think he can still be more physical and better defensively. He still hasn’t shown he can carry a pair as others mentioned.

So yes if Vancouver is smart they go for a shorter term like 4 years at $7 mill or so.

Bond

May 10, 2012
As others have said he still has a lot to prove. I think he can still be more physical and better defensively. He still hasn’t shown he can carry a pair as others mentioned.

So yes if Vancouver is smart they go for a shorter term like 4 years at $7 mill or so.
No way Hronek agrees to that. He will get seven years if he goes UFA

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What do you think his extension will look like? Is Forlsing's 5.75 AAV a comparable? Will the fact that Q Hughes is only making 7.8 mil keep Hronek in the 6-7 mil range?
Forsling deal would be amazing. I would even say the Severson deal at $6.25 mill is also fine.
He's best when paired with Quinn, but the higher above $6 mill AAV you go the more that you should anchor your own pairing with someone who isn't as good as you IMO.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He’s a top pairing RHD who paces around 40 every year who is 26.

Why not?
He won't get the Sergachev contract, he doesn't have the pedigree or consistent body of work.
Sergachev got 8.5 so likely Hronek is about a million less.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Man I hope they trade him.

Not the biggest fan of his. I think he is atrocious in his zone with turnovers

He isn’t consistent or steady enough for those contract demands, but scoring always gets you those AAV’s

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He won't get the Sergachev contract, he doesn't have the pedigree or consistent body of work.
Sergachev got 8.5 so likely Hronek is about a million less.

He’s not getting the Sergachev contract. He's getting similar cap hit in a world where the cap is going up and will be up 4+ million in year one of his deal.

He's also a RHD unlike Sergachev.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He’s not getting the Sergachev contract. He's getting similar cap hit in a world where the cap is going up and will be up 4+ million in year one of his deal.

He's also a RHD unlike Sergachev.
Sergachev plays both sides but you are right that he is not* RHD*.
Their new contracts will be 1 year apart.
You also disregarded the fact that Sergachev has far better overall career performance at every level. This is the first season where anyone would put them in the same category.

Last edited:

Bond

May 10, 2012
Canucks front office very savvy and proactive with their negotiations through the media and fans. Broke Pettersson camp's strategy and now smoking out Hronek.
Doesn't work the same when Hronek is an UFA

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Why not wait to see what he's like in the playoffs before throwing an extension to him?

We have no idea what he will be like when the physicality picks up and he's been known to get blown up once in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00