News Article: Confidence in the Front Office

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It's not like the Rangers were allergic to acquiring physical players. And the moves this summer would have been the same under Gorton. Maybe different individuals (Coleman instead of Goodrow or something) but the same weakness addressed.

can’t help but think Gorton or JD must have said something to the contrary. I too think the would have gone physical and stunned neither said something to salvage their positions.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
can’t help but think Gorton or JD must have said something to the contrary. I too think the would have gone physical and stunned neither said something to salvage their positions.

I still believe the reason for their departure was them not backing the statement put out by Dolan. That doesn't mean they didn't want to address the lack of physicality.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
The more time passes the more confident I feel in the job Drury's done so far. Blais, Goodrow, Hunt, and Nemeth are all good fits for this roster right now, and the goodrow contract will likely end up somewhere between Chris Tanev and Jay Beagle in terms of value, which isn't great but isn't unmovable either.

My frustration with Gorton had a lot to do with a lack of clear vision. It felt a bit like the market determined our timeline, but the market is so volatile that the timeline seemed accelerated in some parts (Panarin, Kreider, Shattenkirk, Henrik) and slowed in others (center ice, Fast, Quinn), even both when it came to the prospects.

I'm nervous that there's still so many convinced that drury is in on Eichel, but that's just the NYR as usual.

Drury hasn't wowed me. I'm not sold on the cap management in particular, especially the Chytil contract which I think may have been his worst move overall. But I see clearly the ways that this team could gel quickly and take a huge leap next year.

Reactions: nyr2k2 and Cag29

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think Gorton got a bad rap here as he was the only one in my lifetime that had the balls to reset this franchise and tank. Without him i think we're still in the 8th spot year after year going out in round 1 or 2 forever. Drury imo has done moves that has made us better though i would have prefered a better addition than Nemeth to our ld. Having said that, this was always gonna be the year the team turns the corner and has cap space to use to improve, has players entering their prime and the roster gets some depth, so its gonna be hard to grade Drury, he's been handed a much better roster than Gorton was.

Reactions: haveandare

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I think Gallant gets the most out of Kakko and Lafrenière

also love that Reaves is here, this will give this team the backbone to go to war against the Isles

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think Gallant gets the most out of Kakko and Lafrenière

also love that Reaves is here, this will give this team the backbone to go to war against the Isles

Lafreniere was gonna be better this year anyway, he started last year without camp, a proper preseason and hadn't played hockey in 10 months. His last 9 games showed what he could be going forward and i expect him to be atleast a 50 point guy this year.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad