Conan O’Brien going to HBO Max

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can't believe people still watch talkshows it's absurd. It's a long time ago they talked about anything remotely interesting on these type of shows, Dick Cavett used to have Hitchcock and Orson Welles on, now they have..... I don't even want to think about who they have on nowadays. And Conan was probably one of the least insufferable modern ones, but his new format where he conducts "serious" conversation with famous people was just painful to watch (caught a shorter segment where he talked to Rivers Cuomo where he essentially just fawned over Cuomo's alleged/perceived "genius").

It hasn't been the same since Leno and Letterman retired.

Honestly for me they are waaaay too political now. I get the hosts may not like conservatives including the former president but JFC man make jokes about something else for once. Colbert is the worst of them when it comes to that.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Can't believe people still watch talkshows it's absurd. It's a long time ago they talked about anything remotely interesting on these type of shows, Dick Cavett used to have Hitchcock and Orson Welles on, now they have..... I don't even want to think about who they have on nowadays. And Conan was probably one of the least insufferable modern ones, but his new format where he conducts "serious" conversation with famous people was just painful to watch (caught a shorter segment where he talked to Rivers Cuomo where he essentially just fawned over Cuomo's alleged/perceived "genius").
Have you listened to any other episodes of his podcast? It's usually hilarious, and only occasionally serious. Check out one of the episodes with Bill Hader or Kevin Nealon.

I will give you that here fawns a little too much over former 90s alt-rock stars.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Can't believe people still watch talkshows it's absurd. It's a long time ago they talked about anything remotely interesting on these type of shows, Dick Cavett used to have Hitchcock and Orson Welles on
Can't forget that these shows were and are designed to be pure promotional vehicles.

When Dick Cavett used to have Hitchcock and Orson Welles on, at the time they were popular celebrities with stuff to promote. Just so happened that they were also great interesting and intelligent artists as well.

Conan, for the most part, kept his integrity. Not like Fallon's idiotic laughing fakery, or Colbert's left-wing agenda.

I think most of us wish we could get endless interviews with Jeff Goldblum, Norm Macdonald, Bill Burr, etc...but sadly Snooki, The Situation, Robert De Niro and a giant army of mentally/socially handicapped people also have expensive stuff to promote.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I actually watched Colbert's interview recently with the Talking Heads, on YT, and he almost destroyed the whole interview at the start by talking way too much himself, before letting the band say anything at all. Not that I'm a giant TH fan, though I enjoy some of their songs, but here you have an iconic band, with some serious sour grapes going on for decades between the band members, finally coming together for a joint interview, and then you spend the first 5–10 minutes of the interview just talking nonsense about yourself.

As for these hosts various political opinions, I just don't care. I don't hate Jimmy Kimmel for a particular set of political opinions, I hate him for his dumb face, his dumb laugh, his unfunny attempt at jokes and his empty vacuous content.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad