Prospect Info: Comrie wants to break Fuhrs 79 game record

jetkarma*

The way I look at it is we got a premiere D, F, and a G last draft. Morrissey and Petan could easily be top 3 of their respective position, and Comrie could easily be the best goalie.

That's how a winning team and organization is built isn't it? :)

Putting yourself in a position with extra fairly high picks and then making astute selections.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Actually, I heard on draft day Jets weren't planning on drafting a goalie, but when Comrie fell to them they said there is no way in hell that they couldn't. (not verbatim)

That doesn't surprise me either. I wasn't saying that he was on the list, but I'd be shocked if he hadn't been on the TNSE radar prior to the draft. He seems as if he's cut from the mold that TNSE so desires. And not to start the whole argument all over again, but I suspect that could be a very good reason why Burmistrov and Telegin are in Russia and not the Jets system.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Actually, I heard on draft day Jets weren't planning on drafting a goalie, but when Comrie fell to them they said there is no way in hell that they couldn't. (not verbatim)

From pieces of information I have been told , that is pretty much what unfolded.

They were not targeting a goalie , especially relatively high , but had a very strong grade on Comrie and were more than happy to take him where they did.

I like that they plan but the plans aren't so rigid as to not be altered when needed.

This is interesting on a few fronts. Were they:

1) Content with our current goalie corps

2) Really not expecting to pick a goalie with any of their picks

I'm leaning towards #1

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
"Comrie wants to break Fuhrs 79 game record"

Well I hope Comrie knows Grant Fuhr had some help to keep up his energy................ no need to read between the lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad