OT: Completely OT (Some Obscene Number+1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladiator16*

Wait...

So for this ice bucket thing...you either donate something to ALS...or waste a bunch of ice water and nothing gets donated?

:dunno:

Was at the pool the other day, girls swimming team was doing it... was pretty fun to look at ;)

... but yeah, the whole thing is pretty stupid...

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
They've raise $1.3m. Which is great.. Until you take into account there is probably at least $500m+ in combined salary of the players who have done it.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Let's all hate on something that brings attention to a disease that rarely gets headlines. That raises 2.3 million dollars compared to 25,000 over the same time period last year.** 1. You donate and not post 2. You post increasing your sphere of influence 3. You donate and post accomplishing both 1 and 2. No rules saying you cannot do number 3.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
rimshot.jpg

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I just recently upgraded my irons to Talyor Made Burners after playing years with a crappy Dunlop set....I had some idea how much difference equipment can make...but until now Id never pulled the trigger on new clubs. It was so worth it. I have a new driver and 56 wedge lined up next once they get another a good sale going at Golfsmith (I got the irons with a 20% off coupon).

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I haven't played this much summer golf in years. Going again today.

Where do you play?

My last round, just played a quick 9, and I got a 39 on a par 32. So 7 over par, which is amazing for me! I also realistically try to shoot for in and around 45, ideally.

I have had issues with my driver recently which sucks. It used to be comfortable, and now it just seems I can't get much loft. I'm good with my irons tho, so I do scramble and save the hole. :D

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I play mostly in the Frederick area. Musket Ridge, Clustered Spires, Worthington Manor, Hollow Creek and the likes. I played a scramble the other day and shot an 80 with my friend...mostly playing my shots. Thats the best round I've had this year and in awhile. My swing was a mess to start this season but its coming around now with the new irons (which are .5 inch longer than my last set.)

I have a nasty fade with my driver...but routinely hit 225 to 250. I just have to set up pointing my body to 10:30 or 11. :laugh:

Last edited:

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I just play in the DC area (Rock Creek, East Potomac) and in MoCo (Sligo, CC Country Club and sometimes Bretton Woods when I get invited haha)

Yeah, my buddy has a sick fade as well, looks beautiful haha

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I play mostly in the Frederick area. Musket Ridge, Clustered Spires, Worthington Manor, Hollow Creek and the likes. I played a scramble the other day and shot an 80 with my friend...mostly playing my shots. Thats the best round I've had this year and in awhile. My swing was a mess to start this season but its coming around now with the new irons (which are .5 inch longer than my last set.)

I have a nasty fade with my driver...but routinely hit 225 to 250. I just have to set up pointing my body to 10:30 or 11. :laugh:

I'd keep an eye on http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ for deals as well. I got last season's Cobra Amp Cell for like $70 this spring.

Anybody on here play NoVa courses?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I'd keep an eye on http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ for deals as well. I got last season's Cobra Amp Cell for like $70 this spring.

Ahhh...didn't know about that site. Ive been eye balling this driver for awhile: http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/taylor-made-golf-rocketballz-stage-2-bonded-driver.html

Thats already $30 lower than any other place I've seen...even with discounts.

Thanks for that. Ill wait for a free shipping deal and its go time.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

I play Westfields, Raspberry Falls, Old Hickory, Bull Run, Pleasant Valley, South Riding, 1757, Bristow Manor, Laurel Hill, and Reston fairly regularly. They just opened Potomac Shores down in Dumfries, which while fairly pricey is definitely worth playing. It's a Nicklaus course and a great layout. If you don't mind driving out to Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows is a very fun track also.

I like playing out 270 in Maryland also and am a fan of Musket Ridge, Worthington Manor, PB Dye, Whiskey Creek, and Little Bennett. Blue Mash in MoCo is a nice course also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad