OT: Completely OT (Some Obscene Number+1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Ahhh...didn't know about that site. Ive been eye balling this driver for awhile: http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/taylor-made-golf-rocketballz-stage-2-bonded-driver.html

Thats already $30 lower than any other place I've seen...even with discounts.

Thanks for that. Ill wait for a free shipping deal and its go time.

Have you hit it? And if so how did it affect your 'fade?'

I used to have a pretty dramatic fade off the tee also that I played the same way you do, set up way left and work it back to the fairway, when possible. The first time I tried an adjustable driver I set it up total draw and that went a long way towards straightening out my drives.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Have you hit it? And if so how did it affect your 'fade?'

I used to have a pretty dramatic fade off the tee also that I played the same way you do, set up way left and work it back to the fairway, when possible. The first time I tried an adjustable driver I set it up total draw and that went a long way towards straightening out my drives.
Yeah, I've hit the adjustable Stage 2 RocketBallz. I didn't know how the adjustment aspect worked....but whatever it was set to made a difference. I know they have that new SLDR system out....but I'm not spending that much on a driver when I can barely break 85/90. :laugh:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Ive been wanting to play PB Dye for awhile now...just have never gotten there yet.

Prepare to likely get beaten up. That track is tough and I don't care what kind of game you have. I play it at least a few times a year and it almost always kicks my butt and that goes for pretty much all the guys I often play with. If I ever meet Paul Burke Dye I'm going to have some strong words for him. It isn't a confidence builder but we always have a good time so I guess that is what matters. You can get pretty decent deals there on GolfNow so that is nice also. And coming from Frederick it is less than 10 minutes farther than Worthington so pretty close to you.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yeah, I've hit the adjustable Stage 2 RocketBallz. I didn't know how the adjustment aspect worked....but whatever it was set to made a difference. I know they have that new SLDR system out....but I'm not spending that much on a driver when I can barely break 85/90. :laugh:

Last summer I bought the previous year's Nike VR-S Covert driver. I think it was $99 at Golfsmith at the time and it was a great investment.

I started remaking my bag a couple years ago also. I started with a new set of irons, which made a big difference, then I added a Rocketballz 3 hybrid to my bag at Xmas, which might be my favorite club now, then I added a new set of wedges and then that driver. I added a Rocketballz 4 wood last Xmas, 3HL they market it as but it's a 4 wood, and this spring a new putter.

You likely hit your driver 10-14 times a round. Other than your putter there probably isn't another club in your bag you hit as often. I'm not saying shell out for an SLDR but I'd try to go to something that is going to help mitigate your main driver flaw. There are definitely clubs in the same price range you are looking at that will do that.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Heading out to Rock Creek now. My buddy bailed on me :( haha
If he told me earlier, I would've just played 18 alone, too late now. The specials are awesome. $10 for 9, and $15 for 18.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Played pretty decently, shot a 43. Tee shots were meh. Like some look horrid (no loft), but due to it rolling on the ground ends up being a decent shot.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
If you're willing to make the drive, you should try to get down to Laurel Hill in Lorton some time. Outstanding muni course. Pretty sure they had the US Amateur there within the last few years.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Shot a 97 tonight. 45 on the front...fell apart on the back nine. I had to bag the driver for the 4 iron at one point. It was the short game that did me in though. 100 and in I tend to use to much club because I always think I'm going to short it. Then I kill it. Such a humbling game.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
If you're willing to make the drive, you should try to get down to Laurel Hill in Lorton some time. Outstanding muni course. Pretty sure they had the US Amateur there within the last few years.

Looks sweet. It's about a 40 minute drive, so shouldn't be too bad. Might check it out when it's not prime season. Prices go waay down haha

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Shot a 97 tonight. 45 on the front...fell apart on the back nine. I had to bag the driver for the 4 iron at one point. It was the short game that did me in though. 100 and in I tend to use to much club because I always think I'm going to short it. Then I kill it. Such a humbling game.

They say 75% of all of your shots will be from 100 and in. Getting some good wedges helped me a ton in that range. I've got a 52, 56, and 60 degree in my bag (along with my pitching wedge), which I can hit pretty consistently at ~105, 90, and 75 yards at a full swing when my game is on. It makes life under 100 significantly easier.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa

:laugh: I'd rather short it than hit it over honestly. I severely underestimate how far I can hit even my pitching wedge. But anything 100 and in for me is a pitching wedge with a nice easy swing, that somehow ALWAYS turns into me getting perfect contact and thus overshooting.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

Laurel Hill is very nice. I played Renditions in Davidsonville MD for the first time the other week and was impressed. Tough course that replicates championship holes pretty well. It had rained pretty good the day before but conditions were good considering. Amen corner and #17 at Sawgrass were very impressive replicas. Lake Presidential in Upper Marlboro is another nice course in that area. As for cheap courses in that area, Marlton Golf Course used to be pretty nice, (I haven't been in a few years).

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's expensive, time-consuming, and doesn't provide me with any satisfaction or even short-term entertainment. There are much cheaper and productive ways for me to become frustrated.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
It's expensive, time-consuming, and doesn't provide me with any satisfaction or even short-term entertainment. There are much cheaper and productive ways for me to become frustrated.

Like refreshing extraskater.com :sarcasm:

On topic, yes it is expensive and somewhat time-consuming (but that can be a good thing if the rest of your statement isn't true), but it absolutely can provide satisfaction and entertainment if you approach it the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad