"Complain About Maclean" Superthread (Mod Note: STOP making more Maclean threads)

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
You are hilarious dude. 29 other fanbases would kill to have Karlsson. I find your Spezza love Karlsson hate schtick comical.

Are you still going with that silly Strome thing too?

Dude, I think a majority of other teams would love to have Spez too. Come on. There's a mix of problems with the Sens.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Spezza is never going to win a Stanley Cup... He has won a single world championship -- otherwise his career has been spent playing second fiddle. Everyone is coming down on MacLean, but I guarantee it we traded Spezza for Shane Doan, we would have a much different team, with far more focus.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
you guarantee yet you haven't given anything to suggest it would be better

Better? It would be far better. Doan is a leader, he is a playoff performer and he would have the room. He is far better defensively than Spezza and that would make for a lot less turn overs which lead to goals. With a better focused team, you get a better end result every game. IE wins, like we had last season.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Spezza is never going to win a Stanley Cup... He has won a single world championship -- otherwise his career has been spent playing second fiddle. Everyone is coming down on MacLean, but I guarantee it we traded Spezza for Shane Doan, we would have a much different team, with far more focus.

You must have been pushing hard for Alfie to be traded for Craig Conroy back in the day.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Better? It would be far better. Doan is a leader, he is a playoff performer and he would have the room. He is far better defensively than Spezza and that would make for a lot less turn overs which lead to goals. With a better focused team, you get a better end result every game. IE wins, like we had last season.

I agree totally.

Not sure why Maclean has Spezza on the penalty kill, he's too slow and it shows!

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
I agree totally.

Not sure why Maclean has Spezza on the penalty kill, he's too slow and it shows!

I think its an attempt to round out his game and and get him involved more. I know a lot of coaches like to have players play in all situations just so that they aren't on the bench for too long. I don't mind Spezza killing the last 15-20 sec of a penalty, but he's a third string PKer and I gotta agree that he seems to be out there too much. If the team has to kill too many penalties and Spezza sits on the bench, so be it, our PK would be better IMO.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I still wish Syache would spread out the scoring;

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan. ( the go to line )
Greening - Spezza - Stone.
Conacher - Zibanejad - Michalek
Grant - Smith - Neil. (A true 4th line, not just where the leftovers put in minutes)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad