3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm impressed with how much we've been winning with this schedule tbh.

We had something similar in the middle of the season where we were flat and a .500 team.

We've played a lot of games in March. Minimal days off. We've been finding ways to win.

Reactions: Larrybiv

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
btw... Roslovic lost his thumbs? wtf has he been doing the past few games?

He looked great when he first got here.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Was the fox injury bad?
Lets put it this way, when he went down (not knowing what the cause was) I was like okay hockey Gods.....I'd prefer to LOSE this game in exchange for it not to be serious. We won, and therefore very worried. Now relieved.
We are one Fox injury away from losing any chance we have for the Cup, we wouldn't survive that.
He is THAT integral to the success of this team. But you knew that already, duh.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’m watching the bruins and panthers lose regularly and no one says boo. I mean the panthers have lost like 5 or 6 of their last what 8? Is that right or close?

Carolina just lost to Pittsburgh badly no one says a word haven’t gained any ground on us at all and the one chance they had to do it in their barn we shut them out. No one says a word.

Does anyone see us not winning the Presidents trophy at this point when you look at the standings? And I don’t think anyone has called us the best team in the league yet lol
Panthers have lost 6 of 7 and not a word from the media. I was watching TNT the other night and they were knob swallowing the Canes, Panthers, and Preds. Not a word about the Rangers. Actually the Rangers were mentioned when clown show Bissonette said he hoped his precious Leafs would fall to a WC so they could play the Rangers. I don't get it and it doesn't matter what the media talks about or thinks but cmon man. The Rangers lead the league in points, winning %, and wins, are top 5 in PP and PK, and top 10 in GF/G and GA/G. What more do they have to do during the regular season?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Does anyone see us not winning the Presidents trophy at this point when you look at the standings? And I don’t think anyone has called us the best team in the league yet lol
I think the last years R1 loss to the Devils is the reason why everyone is so careful with us. No other explanation really.

Reactions: Chytilmania

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

He has talent and can skate but has always been inconsistent and that is why he went for a 2027 4th rounder. I still think he has been more good than bad but the last few games have been woof.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

I generally seem to lean towards what Vally's analytics say over what we see on the other sites but I don't agree with this at all.

I DO think that Colorado threw a bunch of low danger shit on net but I have a tough time believing that we came out on top here analytically.

I believe that low danger shit can become high danger shit, if the defense and team doesn't know what the hell they are doing, AND "puck luck" comes into play at some point. Just look at how Carolina plays, shooting literally everything at the net. Rebounds, chase and retrieve and eventually a team gets tired and capitalize.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I believe that low danger shit can become high danger shit, if the defense and team doesn't know what the hell they are doing, AND "puck luck" comes into play at some point. Just look at how Carolina plays, shooting literally everything at the net. Rebounds, chase and retrieve and eventually a team gets tired and capitalize.

It can but when it does the stats reflect that.

I don’t think the kitchen sink strategy is necessarily bad but it’s tough to win when that’s your MO. It’s the one thing that separates Colorado from a Carolina.

I actually like this iteration of Colorado more than the one that won the cup. They still have their rush base but are more capable of banging, digging and grinding.

Georgiev being a head case is really the X factor.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It can but when it does the stats reflect that.

I don’t think the kitchen sink strategy is necessarily bad but it’s tough to win when that’s your MO. It’s the one thing that separates Colorado from a Carolina.

I actually like this iteration of Colorado more than the one that won the cup. They still have their rush base but are more capable of banging, digging and grinding.

Georgiev being a head case is really the X factor.
The last Avs team was more loaded, if for nothing else than beacuse Landeskog was able to play. We still don't know if he's available. But it's starting to look pretty good for them. Mittelstadt might be a bit less talented than Kadri, but he has the better IQ. The bottom-6 looks pretty good. Defensively, Walker is replacing Byram for this year more than well enough.

Kuemper was literally the worst goalie to win the cup in 30 years, Avs had absolutely horrible goaltending, yet cruised to the cup. I don't think that's happening this time. On the other hand, Georgiev probably doesn't need to be god tier, just an average goalie. And even that is questionable sometimes TBH. He's a headcase.

I think the Avs are the team to beat in the West. That Byram-Mittelstadt trade was a game changer for their forward group.

The bigger issue has been that Carolina never has had that many elite players to finish off those chances. Guentzel and Kuznetsov could help with that.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
The last Avs team was more loaded, if for nothing else than beacuse Landeskog was able to play. We still might not know that. But it's starting to look pretty good for them. Mittelstadt might be a bit less talented than Kadri, but he has the better IQ. The bottom-6 looks pretty good. Defensively, Walker is replacing Byram for this year more than well enough.

Kuemper was literally the worst goalie to win the cup in 30 years, Avs had absolutely horrible goaltending, yet cruised to the cup. I don't think that's happening this time. On the other hand, Georgiev probably doesn't need to be god tier, just an average goalie. And even that is questionable sometimes TBH. He's a headcase.

I think the Avs are the team to beat in the West. That Byram-Mittelstadt trade was a game changer for their forward group.
I’m not even sure Colorado makes it out of the division.
Stars have an equally deep lineup, and better goaltending.
And if they do
Edmonton - I won’t ever bet against mcdavid going god mode, and they’re getting not terrible goaltending and defense.
Vancouver - depending on demko, but they’re interesting and deep.
LA - they’ve got talent up and down, and if pld actually pretends to like hockey for a few months they’d be the team to beat.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
have a bad feeling about Arizona

classic letdown game. Gonna go up 2-0 and everything will fall apart after that

Reactions: Breaded Fox

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I’m not even sure Colorado makes it out of the division.
Stars have an equally deep lineup, and better goaltending.
And if they do
Edmonton - I won’t ever bet against mcdavid going god mode, and they’re getting not terrible goaltending and defense.
Vancouver - depending on demko, but they’re interesting and deep.
LA - they’ve got talent up and down, and if pld actually pretends to like hockey for a few months they’d be the team to beat.
Dallas in theory has much better goaltending, but Oettinger has been dog shit this year. And while the depth of the Stars is pretty good, when you look at it up front there's no contest between the two teams. Colorado has the better players. And they've had Dallas' number for a long time now.

I don't think Colorado is the clear favourite, unlike in 2022 when they were the cream of the crop of the whole league. But they are a top team, and they just won the thing 2 years ago so they know how to do it.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Panthers have lost 6 of 7 and not a word from the media. I was watching TNT the other night and they were knob swallowing the Canes, Panthers, and Preds. Not a word about the Rangers. Actually the Rangers were mentioned when clown show Bissonette said he hoped his precious Leafs would fall to a WC so they could play the Rangers. I don't get it and it doesn't matter what the media talks about or thinks but cmon man. The Rangers lead the league in points, winning %, and wins, are top 5 in PP and PK, and top 10 in GF/G and GA/G. What more do they have to do during the regular season?
Maybe it's enough to have Hank and Messier out there to represent them in TV?

I'm sure other teams fans feel the same way we do, and it's a bias that is only noticed for your own team.

One thing I am sure of: non-Rangers fans absolutely hate the organization as a whole. Suppose Cowboys fans feel the same too. Leafs and Canadians get the same treatment in Canada.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The last Avs team was more loaded, if for nothing else than beacuse Landeskog was able to play. We still don't know if he's available. But it's starting to look pretty good for them. Mittelstadt might be a bit less talented than Kadri, but he has the better IQ. The bottom-6 looks pretty good. Defensively, Walker is replacing Byram for this year more than well enough.

The bigger issue has been that Carolina never has had that many elite players to finish off those chances. Guentzel and Kuznetsov could help with that.

Guentzel helps for sure but Kuzy is hardly an elite player at this point.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Agree.

Hes been fumbling the puck a lot. His battle level has been inconsistent.

When he was with Columbus and playing against the Rangers he really stood out almost every shift on the ice.

He was noticeable the first few games like you said but his game dropped off.

What I think is happening is he is being fed a lot of system video and hes adapting to it, he isnt as free out there. Hopefully it becomes instinctual and his game comes back at the right time. Need a little more fight and speed from him

Reactions: duhmetreE

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Guentzel helps for sure but Kuzy is hardly an elite player at this point.
He isn't, but I think he does help their scoring. Look at what they've had behind Aho in the previous years. Svetch and that's about it?

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
guentzel has really ran with it in carolina.

tbh i kind of get why the NYR aren't taken seriously - even outside of their first round flop last year. there's a few reasons..

1. NYR are seen as goaltending/special teams merchants, and not without good reason. they play a far less visually intimidating style than the heavy puck possession teams. for many fans, a loss to the rangers seems a lot closer than a loss to a carolina, florida, even toronto, because as they are watching, their team has the puck, has chances, has shots. Every teams fans come away thinking well it was the ref, or a lucky bounce, but we totally could have had that one. then you look it up and rangers have gone 20-4-1 against top teams in a brutal schedule...

2. the rangers offensive star is seen as a playoff shrinker. Panarin won't get the love or instill the fear until he does it on the big stage. that line, in fact, all kind of suffer a similar perception problem. Trocheck is perennially underrated and Laf is seen largely as a product of Bread and thus also subject to his expected dwindlesome playoff production.

3. there's plenty of reasons to casually hate them - trouba, new york, rempe this year. enough so that the widely professed dismissal of the teams success, although merely thinly disguised haterade, propagates into a shared underratement.

my theory anyway.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There are 2 big reasons not to really buy into the NYR.

#55 and #8.

They’re at a massive disadvantage when those guys are out there and one of them will be on the ice for 40+minutes of every game.

Kreider and Zibanejad don’t inspire a ton of confidence in me either but those guys have shown up in the playoffs before.

Panarin is a wild card. I’m going to be annoyed if he is the only one of the top guys who shows up this year.

Reactions: Boris Zubov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad