Post-Game Talk: Combo Breaker

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Avs postgame was an embarrassment. All they could do was complain about MacK not getting the assist... like you're team just lost a game.

It's hilarious. They don't understand the concept of a hand pass (they were literally talking about having to look up the rule later), and one of them asked what ROW's were (in a discussion about tie-breaker stats for playoff spots/seeding). They seem to think that Rantanen hit Lindgren's stick causing the puck to go in, so Lindgren couldn't have had "possession" thus gifting MacK an assist. They keep going on and on about how they get angrier the longer post-game goes on, haha.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If kakko’s skating could become average, he’d be legit very good. he’s very strong around the net and can stick handle in a phone booth. but getting into the zone and into those areas has been a major struggle for him.

he should be focusing 100% of his offseason on skating.
The thing is, he has done offseason skating training. But maybe it would be time for someone in the organization to find the best hockey skating coach in North America, and tell Kakko this is who you are working with.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I will say, I thought with our injuries (albeit I thought Lindgren would be out) and with the way we played last game and the Avs lethargic perfomance at home against Montreal and the best team at home, I thought this would be an ugly loss. I figured we'd be down 2-0 or 3-1 after one and lose it something like 5-2. Despite the 3rd and OT getting away from them (didn't help that we were down our two best D-men for parts of the third and our best D-man in OT), this was a surprising and great outcome. We'll also see how strong this coaching staff is next game against Arizona. Trap game if I ever saw one.

Reactions: Larrybiv

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Has he played in 3 on 3 OT in his career?

Easier than ours?
Our remaining schedule is not easy and I don't care what the records say. Look at Arizona, most people would say that would be an easy game. Trust me. It is going to be anything but. They have won 5 of 7, just beat Nashville, and are 20-17 at home. If the Rangers take them lightly they will lose. They also have plenty of games left against teams fighting to get in.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, for what it's worth I rather play a bunch of mediocre teams than Boston twice and some mediocre teams, and some shitty teams. The Rangers will be favored in every game going forward. The Boston games will be a coin flip for the Canes.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
BTW, for what it's worth I rather play a bunch of mediocre teams than Boston twice and some mediocre teams, and some shitty teams. The Rangers will be favored in every game going forward. The Boston games will be a coin flip for the Canes.
It's a double edged sword. Will the team be ready for the 1st round of the playoffs, when they have played nobodies for the last 10 games with nothing to play for. If we have nagging injuries, it will be a good time to nurse them during this last stretch. Load management?

Granted, the opposition in 1st round will most likely be facing the same thing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
According to the Colorado board, MacKinnon asked his coach to pull Georgiev in the OT to boost his chances of extending his point streak. That's just ridiculous. If that's true (and nobody over there is indicating that it isn't true), I just lost a bit of respect for MacKinnon (a player I've really admired for going about his business the right way).

It's a double edged sword. Will the team be ready for the 1st round of the playoffs, when they have played nobodies for the last 10 games with nothing to play for. If we have nagging injuries, it will be a good time to nurse them during this last stretch. Load management?

Granted, the opposition in 1st round will most likely be facing the same thing.

I get the logic. Mediocre teams are in desperation mode, throwing everything at you in the hopes of squeaking into the last playoff spot. I'd rather face teams like that down the stretch rather than top teams who might be resting guys/taking it easy to be fresh for the playoffs, or bottom feeders who are already dreaming about their tee times. The opposing talent won't be the same, but the intensity may be.

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad