GDT: Columbus vs. Buffalo | 9/17 7PM EDT | Preseason Game #2

Lust4LEAFS

London Knights Scout
Jan 28, 2011
London, ON
Faceoffs are one of boones biggest strengths it will take time to adjust to the larger bodies but with time he will find out ways to win the draw

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Back From the game

Good:
Boone Jenner, seemed like he belonged on NHL ice, especially when compared to most of the guys we had out there tonight.

Umberger, thought he had a fairly solid game, nothing blew me away but he seemed reliable once again.

Bobs, would have been nice to see him save Foligno's goal but I can't hold that one against him, decent game.

Oliver Bjorkstrand, obviously not time for him to play in the NHL yet, but I thought he had a great game and showed potential for the future, fit right into how NHL hockey should be played, from where I sat. Looked like an absolute steal considering where we got him in the draft!

Penalty Kill: performed quite well to kill of Umberger's double minor in the third period.

MacKenzie and Boll looked decent to me, always love seeing DMac's hustle, even in preseason.

Bad:
Nick Foligno, seemed like everytime he got passed to he either didn't receive it cleanly or turned it over soon after. Marcus came ready to play, Nick wasn't so sharp.

The line of Joudrey, Moutrey, and Mahacek, obviously these guys are going to be Falcons this year, so I won't be too hard on them.

McKenna: May as well call him McRebound, don't recall him hanging on to many that came his way. Ouch. But only gave up the one goal and he did make a couple nice saves, so credit where credit is due on that.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Going off of J4L, I thought Moutrey looked great, especially for a kid. Much more skilled than I thought.

Thought Boone looked good, and very feisty.

RJ looked alright.

Erixon looked great, he's got a pretty good shot too!

McKenna sucked.

Anisimov looks like he's ready for an offensive breakout. Hope that's the case.

All in all, I thought there was little effort. Also, Tyler Myers is a *****. If he's that big, there's no reason for him to be throwing punches and elbows.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I thought Jenner looked like he belonged, Anderson was noticeable, and agree that Bjorkstrand showed promise. Disagree on Erixon, I thought he was very weak, defensively, and only Johnson and Tyutin looked decent. Savard was OK, too, I thought. Bob had no chance on the two against, one was a simple tap-in by a completely unguarded Foligno and the other was off a terrible turnover with two defensemen (Erixon and McDaniel?) flopping on the ice in front of him. McKenna mishandled everything that came his way. Fortunately, most of them managed to hit him, anyway. He caused the final goal by flubbing the puck behind his net and then taking too long getting back in front.

As for the Folignos, Nick tried to do too much and Marcus was too much.

cbjhockey6

Apr 22, 2006
Ohio
Was at the game last night and was impressed with Anderson, thought there would be more discussion about his play. I saw good hands, good skater with a big body. Just wondering if anybody else was thinking the same thing. I am certainly not a hockey scout, so if I am of my rocker, I won't be shocked.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Was at the game last night and was impressed with Anderson, thought there would be more discussion about his play. I saw good hands, good skater with a big body. Just wondering if anybody else was thinking the same thing. I am certainly not a hockey scout, so if I am of my rocker, I won't be shocked.

I heard a few people say that he looked solid

bizzz*

Savard was the only plus player on the team and played 23 minutes. So far he makes a good case for himself. At least statistically.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
All I can say from the game is I sincerely hope Dancing Kevin doesn't plan on spending the entire season with his shirt off. Nice guy, but him behind the goal in the 2nd period (I left before 3rd started) with his shirt off the entire time was disturbing.

fox2usp

Inbred Cat
Jul 2, 2008
Pumpkinville, Ohio
All I can say from the game is I sincerely hope Dancing Kevin doesn't plan on spending the entire season with his shirt off. Nice guy, but him behind the goal in the 2nd period (I left before 3rd started) with his shirt off the entire time was disturbing.

Telling Kevin to keep his shirt on during a CBJ game is like saying we've got this cannon, but we're not going to fire it after a goal.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

He's got is thing and it's pretty amusing, but I had to unfollow him on Twitter and I would certainly be disturbed if I had to see him with his shirt off for more than a timeout.

Not really a knock on him, that would be the same for all dudes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad