Seravalli: Columbus engaged in trade talks to move defenseman

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lindholm for dman dump + Sillinger + Marchenko?
Flames then flip one of their own dmen.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Lindholm for dman dump + Sillinger + Marchenko?
Flames then flip one of their own dmen.
swap out marchenko for chinakhov and i'd do it.

They didn't see this coming beforehand after adding two top four d-men earlier in the off season?
worth it. "we shouldn't acquire good players because it means we'll have to eventually trade lesser players" is a loser mentality.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We have to see how Manson recovers. If he is fully recovered, im fine with a poor 6RD. If hes done, LTIR manson and get peeke for 4RD and get another decent 6RD with the savings. Use the cap next year for Toews' raise.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
cbj has either had no bids on the players they really want to move or has outwaited the market. at this stage the usual outcome is to take the loss on the least valuable asset to get out from under their situation.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
swap out marchenko for chinakhov and i'd do it.

worth it. "we shouldn't acquire good players because it means we'll have to eventually trade lesser players" is a loser mentality.

I didn't say they moves weren't worth it. I'm just surprised they've waited this long to try and move some extra d-men, figured they would've done this a couple months ago when more teams had cap space.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
cbj has either had no bids on the players they really want to move or has outwaited the market. at this stage the usual outcome is to take the loss on the least valuable asset to get out from under their situation.

They don't really need to move anyone. They're under the cap. If a team is desperate to trade someone, it's usually because they are over the cap.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
alex texier:
1. was probably the jackets' best forward two years ago when he got hurt
2. spent all of last year in europe after a few deaths in his family
3. has looked even better this preseason than he did when we last saw him
4. is cheap and can play pretty much any role we need him to

saying "he's not available for anything you'd offer" doesn't mean that he's an elite top line forward, it's just an acknowledgement of the above circumstances.

the jackets expect him to have a big year. he's more valuable to them in the lineup than he is as a trade chip given that he hasn't played on NHL ice in almost two years.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
They should pay up for Kovacevic then. Cheap ass contract, size, grity and ability to defend.
The giveaways are a problem and his PK isn’t what you’d hope for. I suppose I’d part with a Sean Behrens for him. But I doubt the Habs actually want to move him with how little J Barron has impressed.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I imagine CBJ are looking for pick or a young prospect, or maybe a 2 for 1. 1 for 1 trades for established players don't help the log jam of borderline NHL players.

Available players are likely: Bean, Peeke, Boqvist, Roslovic, Foudy

Last edited:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Yeah but Jiricek :(
Yeah, but Bedard. And you definitely don't get Bedard if you pick Jiricek since you don't have a 2023 first at all.
I see the Avs being a team Columbus would be talking with. Avs need a bottom pair RHD to play with Girard. Preferably a bigger guy like Peeke.

Vancouver isn’t going to be the only team with a hat in this ring.
And we know Colorado loves them some former Blue Jackets.

My personal preference if we're taking cap back is trading for Beauvillier straight up for one of them since he's an expiring UFA and I like his playstyle. I'd take him over most of the marginal forwards (Robinson, Foudy. etc).

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Boqvist to Montreal makes way to much sense imo. Could instantly take over PP1 and the don’t really have a offensive Dman in their system besides Hutson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad