Seravalli: Columbus engaged in trade talks to move defenseman

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Curious if Anaheim will kick tires… as it is now we potentially have 3 rookies + drysdale playing
What would it take to get Hinds? Just wondering if he could become available at some point since you seem to have about 4 guys ahead of him in the LD hierarchy.

what is Boqvist's value?

i know we have alot of bodies but i would like to trade for him
Boqvist+pick for Beck?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Canucks are obvious suitors but I'll say Peeke to Toronto
For Timmins and a 4th

(Brodie shipped out)

Last edited:

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Rathbone, Beavillier at 15% retained and NJ 4th for Peeke and a 3rd.

Beau is a useful player. Peeke seems okay according to CBJ fans.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Holy cow, this feels like a farmers market...

Welcome ladies and gentlemen! Take a peek at this beauty, 6'3'' 210 lbs of meat. You won't see a udder like that outside of Columbus county.

No? What about this Swedish Friesian, only 23 years old, fast and a lot of potential. Look at her teeth!

Or this one? This ain't a bunch of magic beans, no, this one is a breeder.

Sold to the gentleman from Canada with strange knives under his boots!

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Broberg, Foegele, prospects/picks for Boqvist and Texier
texier is fully off the table. he's carving out a major role in the lineup this year and even if they were open to trading him, now isn't the time since he just missed the full season.

if you swapped texier out for one of robinson/foudy/bemstrom and took out the picks, i'd consider it. broberg would slide into the LD3 spot.

Reactions: ujju2 and Viqsi

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
What would be the ask from Chicago
chicago seems to be an ideal trade partner since they have open contract spots + cap space + draft capital.

given the jackets' roster math at present, the ideal return is picks and nothing else. price varies by defenseman (boqvist > peeke > bean in terms of trade value imo).

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
What would Peeke realistically cost Toronto?
i don't think toronto could actually do it without sending back a bigger salary. the only one big enough that they didn't just sign is brodie.

would be a short-term upgrade for the jackets and give toronto some cap flexiblity, but it only marginally gives columbus more flexibility (starting next year) which some may say defeats the purpose.

personally i'd do something around bean (50% retained) and peeke for brodie. not sure about leafs fans though.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
chicago seems to be an ideal trade partner since they have open contract spots + cap space + draft capital.

given the jackets' roster math at present, the ideal return is picks and nothing else. price varies by defenseman (boqvist > peeke > bean in terms of trade value imo).
Agreed

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I see the Avs being a team Columbus would be talking with. Avs need a bottom pair RHD to play with Girard. Preferably a bigger guy like Peeke.

Vancouver isn’t going to be the only team with a hat in this ring.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I see the Avs being a team Columbus would be talking with. Avs need a bottom pair RHD to play with Girard. Preferably a bigger guy like Peeke.

Vancouver isn’t going to be the only team with a hat in this ring.
They should pay up for Kovacevic then. Cheap ass contract, size, grity and ability to defend.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
i don't think toronto could actually do it without sending back a bigger salary. the only one big enough that they didn't just sign is brodie.

would be a short-term upgrade for the jackets and give toronto some cap flexiblity, but it only marginally gives columbus more flexibility (starting next year) which some may say defeats the purpose.

personally i'd do something around bean (50% retained) and peeke for brodie. not sure about leafs fans though.

I don't know that Bean would be of interest I think Peeke is the target because of his size.

I also kind of doubt Brodie would waive to go to Columbus because his wife has MS and she can get top quality treatment in Toronto which is supposedly why he signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad