GDT: Columbus @ Detroit

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not only a blatant missed hook on Gaudreau but also a blatant missed pick by the red wing on Gaudreau just before the goal

Stripes win this one.

Reactions: Viqsi

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I have to say that the defense is great. Yesterday the Jets were sniping Elvis, today the Wings are garaging shots from ideal positions. I'd rather not comment on Raymond's goals. Plus Gudbranson helped.

I like Kirill scored and hope to will help him. :nod:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If they're not listening to him or following his strategy, then that's also a reason to fire him.
I’m not seeing any signs of them not doing that. Detroit was desperate. The jackets, as they have done all year, always play on their heels when they get push back. This is par for the course for a young soft team. That isn’t on Vincent

What IS on Vincent however is continuing to sink Voronkov lower and lower in the lineup.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I’m not seeing any signs of them not doing that. Detroit was desperate. The jackets, as they have done all year, always play on their heels when they get push back. This is par for the course for a young soft team. That isn’t on Vincent

What IS on Vincent however is continuing to sink Voronkov lower and lower in the lineup.
Knowing this is his team's tendency, why not have them actually attempt to play offense?!?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Knowing this is his team's tendency, why not have them actually attempt to play offense?!?

Overly cautious play in the third period is a problem as old as the game itself. Perhaps coaches have tried what you're suggesting?

I'm not a fan of some of Vincent's choices but he's not some outlier among coaches in how he approaches the third period.

I think at the beginning of the year there was an extreme focus on defensive positioning that explained the turtling at that time. Then that stopped being a problem. You look at the record rate of blown leads around the league, I don't think we're exceptional at all in that regard in more recent months.

Reactions: Viqsi

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Overly cautious play in the third period is a problem as old as the game itself. Perhaps coaches have tried what you're suggesting?

I'm not a fan of some of Vincent's choices but he's not some outlier among coaches in how he approaches the third period.
He keeps using his team "learning" as excuses for his loses. Too bad he never learns from his mistakes.

Reactions: EspenK and VABUCK

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I could certainly surmise that sitting back on your heels is a tendency created by the fear of making a mistake.

You know what happens in CBJ land when you make mistakes as a young developing player? You get benched or get your ice time cut.

See the correlation here?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He keeps using his team "learning" as excuses for his loses. Too bad he never learns from his mistakes.

This is one of your posts that I would describe as a "thought terminating cliche".

You haven't established that this blown lead or anything in recent play was Vincent's mistake.

I could certainly surmise that sitting back on your heels is a tendency created by the fear of making a mistake.

You know what happens in CBJ land when you make mistakes as a young developing player? You get benched or get your ice time cut.

See the correlation here?

What mistake are we even talking about here?

We never established that.

The Wings won a draw and whacked a pinball puck in in front of the net.

Then they ran a nice illegal pick in OT.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
What mistake are we even talking about here?

We never established that.

The Wings won a draw and whacked a pinball puck in in front of the net.

Then they ran a nice illegal pick in OT.
I don't know. i'm just talking in general to hear my own voice. I'm not sure any of it even applies to tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad