Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Need less defensive lapses.

Need better goaltending.

Need to cash in on those chances on a goaltender like Korpi.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Meh.

Not a phenomenal game but deserved better than we got.

Hank and Raanta want that one back.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
20 minutes of good hockey should not erase 40 minutes of absolute aids

but it will in the mind of our coach, im sure. "you made it close guys, good job!".

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
i can wait for the fluff king Vally to absolve the goaltending of blame completely

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Meh, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say the all-star break ruined their rhythm.

The Rangers were lights out in the 3rd period.

And I don't mind the loss. Getting the 4th seed and going through the Atlantic is still the ultimate goal.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
After the pizza mask was created we scored 4 in the third

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Credit Korpisolo for making some good stops early and not ketting us get out to an early lead.

Terrible defensive plays and subpar goaltending once again leaving us needing to climb out if a pretty big hole.

It was good to see Vesey looking refreshed and making some moves out there. Stepan, Nash, CK, Mika and Grabs all good as well

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Meh, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say the all-star break ruined their rhythm.

The Rangers were lights out in the 3rd period.

And I don't mind the loss. Getting the 4th seed and going through the Atlantic is still the ultimate goal.

I would agree but they played pretty well in first period. Goaltending giving up 2-3 softies will not allow u to win a game

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I don't even know what to say. Takes 6 goals against for this team to wake up and start trying. Nice 20 minute effort I guess, but with that explosion in the third we should have won.

I'd like to see some defense soon, please.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
They were fundamentally broken trying to move the puck up the wall when Columbus was shutting it down from halfway through the first and through the second. They started scoring once Columbus stopped giving a **** with a 6-0 lead.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
An insane amount of turnovers from the likes Staal-Girardi-Klein. Holden wasnt all that great either with his decisions and handling the puck. Just too many.

And then theres Zibanejad early in the 2nd going to the man Staal is already pressing, leaving the middle of the ice open.

But the bottom line is this game is once again completely on Hank. The team came out well. They created great chances. They just didnt score in the early part of the 1st....and then Henrik happens. I know he was screened, but this is a high floater coming at him. Why is he on his knees?? Because that is Henrik for you. His whole career. And then he continues to melt like a 12 year old with self esteem issues being bullied.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Capitalize on your chances early in the game and it would have been 17-3 Rangers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
All I have to say is they better win thursday against buffalo. Last loss there was a bitter one

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
They were fundamentally broken trying to move the puck up the wall when Columbus was shutting it down from halfway through the first and through the second. They started scoring once Columbus stopped giving a **** with a 6-0 lead.

this this this

yeah 4 goals cool man

after columbus knew the game was over

we have trouble scoring when the other team is trying because we cant cycle worth a ****

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Why is he on his knees?? Because that is Henrik for you. His whole career

Yes, it's called the butterfly, a modern goaltending style. Helped provide a decade plus worth of record breaking success which eventually will get him into the hall of fame.

I am sure you are just as good at your job!

Luther*

May 3, 2016
An insane amount of turnovers from the likes Staal-Girardi-Klein. Holden wasnt all that great either with his decisions and handling the puck. Just too many.

And then theres Zibanejad early in the 2nd going to the man Staal is already pressing, leaving the middle of the ice open.

But the bottom line is this game is once again completely on Hank. The team came out well. They created great chances. They just didnt score in the early part of the 1st....and then Henrik happens. I know he was screened, but this is a high floater coming at him. Why is he on his knees?? Because that is Henrik for you. His whole career. And then he continues to melt like a 12 year old with self esteem issues being bullied.
From experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad