How many penalties

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
LA is beating Vancouver. Looks like we play LA
Maybe, The Krakheads can win 1 of their next 2 against Vegas for us and Oilers just beat the Avs and Sharks to take the Conference, it's certainly possible, more so than the Flames playing in the playoffs :sarcasm:

Avs PK isn't great, I'd say ours is one of the best as of late and dangerous with all the short handed goals this season. And the PP is obviously our advantage by a large margin. This is winnable, just beat the shit out of them!

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Funny enough they arnt first this season, they are around 12 . But we're first by double digit opportunities the last 4 or so season's

We are 6th for opportunities this season for anyone curious, ottawa is first

And our PK as of late probably tops theirs, plus all the short handed goals this season, we're the special teams winners for certain.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Avs powerplays/game last 5 years ranking:

League is a joke.

Also, Makar was offside. f*** the Avs.

They are loaded with divers, including divers with stature (Mackinnon), which are the most dangerous ones because the refs give them the benefit of the doubt no matter what.

One of the worst things about NHL officials are their inability to pick out chronic divers and ref them appropriately. Every year the biggest divers in the league are atop the penalties drawn list, but the NHL doesn't seem to be competent to figure out what that means.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I hope we win but I hope we dont kill ourselves in the process. Colorado has played a bunch of games lately, I wouldnt be surprised if they come out flat. Not sure how Edmonton comes out though.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Here is the scenario that could play out. Oilers win tonight and on Thursday. The Kraken win tonight in regulation. Either LA loses to the Ducks or the Kraken beat Vegas twice. In this case, the Oilers win the West, play Winnipeg or Nashville and LA gets either Colorado or Dallas.
Winnipeg is a very unpleasant team. I'd rather the Oilers play Seattle of LA.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hope we win but I hope we dont kill ourselves in the process. Colorado has played a bunch of games lately, I wouldnt be surprised if they come out flat. Not sure how Edmonton comes out though.
Tough to say, both teams still fighting for the division/conference so there is still a lot on the line

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think home ice matters more in the playoffs because teams chase match ups harder. I've read that players get exhausted in a back to back in Colorado too because of the altitude. Obviously there's a back to back regardless but would be nicer to start at home. Just MO.
Fair points.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
1681232137372.png

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Winnipeg is a very unpleasant team. I'd rather the Oilers play Seattle of LA.
I agree.
LA would be a grind but Winnipeg is a very dangerous team. Hellebuyck is one of the best goalies in the Western Conference and when they are on their game the're a very difficult team to beat.

Seattle would be my choice of that group for the first round.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The Avalanche have not faced an Oilers team with any of Ekholm, Kane, Desharnais, or Bjugstad in the lineup so far this year. That’s a huge injection of beef to the lineup. I don’t think they’re going to know what hit them, and the 2-3 goal comebacks the Oilers typically serve up to the Avs will be a thing of the past with this new-look roster.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The Avalanche have not faced an Oilers team with any of Ekholm, Kane, Desharnais, or Bjugstad in the lineup so far this year. That’s a huge injection of beef to the lineup. I don’t think they’re going to know what hit them, and the 2-3 goal comebacks the Oilers typically serve up to the Avs will be a thing of the past with this new-look roster.
They are health conscious guys too, will eat kale for breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Oilers have to play hard and win today.
They need this win for their own mental state.

Otherwise the Avs will be in their heads the entire playoffs.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Wait... How was he both on the ice and beside the sign? Is this like the Prestige?

In seriousness I think the important thing this game is to just set a good foundation and not get carried away. Rather than letting the takes run wild. If we win it will be proclaimed as a big statement where we extrapolate that we will clown them in the playoffs. If they win it will be a rentfree ghost of christmas past moment, where we can't get them out of our heads and they own us.

If the team plays a tight and fast game like they did vs LA, we will do fine and should take that momentum win or lose. Just take it one game at a time and not worry about conference final Avs until we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad