GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30PM MNT 4/23/24 Game 2: Jets lead series 1-0

Will Fourgiev have a save percentage above .700?

• Yes

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Does it even matter?

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Why kid ourselves?

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think (hope) that it's regular poutine underneath the cheetos and mayo.
Ya maybe. At first glance I didn't see anything that resembled gravy, but looking closer it looks like that it might be underneath.

But at the same time man that sounds like a horrible combination. f***ing Gravy and Mayo mixed with Flaming hot Cheetos what in the hell is going on in Winnipeg.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Really solid win, a complete performance by most of the lads tonight to cover for Georgiev and his...shortcomings. More of a complete effort defensively and simply shut it down in the third, though I do think the Jets had some big misses to get the scoreline closer.

So far in both games, this is what I got...

Great
- Kiviranta: Holy smokes has he been good or what? Totally wasn't expecting this!
- Wood: I am fine with his contract if he simply shows up in the playoffs playing like this (animal).

Bad
- Rantanen: The problem I have with him is the amount of dumb plays with the puck, which most if not all come due to him wanting to force plays through 3-4 blokes every single time.
- JMFJ: Age undoubtedly catching up with him, two steps behind the play every time he's out there.

Boogie Nights Nose Candy
- Manson: Clearly playing in IDGAF mode, both for the good and bad lol.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Really solid win, a complete performance by most of the lads tonight to cover for Georgiev and his...shortcomings. More of a complete effort defensively and simply shut it down in the third, though I do think the Jets had some big misses to get the scoreline closer.

So far in both games, this is what I got...

Great
- Kiviranta: Holy smokes has he been good or what? Totally wasn't expecting this!
- Wood: I am fine with his contract if he simply shows up in the playoffs playing like this (animal).

Bad
- Rantanen: The problem I have with him is the amount of dumb plays with the puck, which most if not all come due to him wanting to force plays through 3-4 blokes every single time.
- JMFJ: Age undoubtedly catching up with him, two steps behind the play every time he's out there.

Boogie Nights Nose Candy
- Manson: Clearly playing in IDGAF mode, both for the good and bad lol.

Yep, especially agree with the bolded. Kivi can 100% come back next year if he wants to keep playing like this in the playoffs.

And ya, Manson is playing a lot like he did in 2022 for us IMO. Both the good and the bad. At times he's doing too much and biting off more then he can chew so to speak. But he's also making some really great plays as well and is by far the most physical of our 6 Dmen. You can just tell he's totally wired up in the playoffs, again good and bad.

I'm mostly actually fine with his play through 2 games though. Hopefully he can settle down and limit the mistakes especially the bad ones(The bad pinches are the worst for me) going forward though.

Mikko is just a mess. It just looks like laziness to me but it also seems like he's slower to read plays and not just playing lazy. I do wonder if he's playing through some sort of injury honestly. He is seriously making a good case to be our trade bait this summer at least IMO. Especially when you factor in the massive haul we'd get, the cap space we'd create this year, but also the cap relief we'd get next year by not having him at $12M+.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And ya, Manson is playing a lot like he did in 2022 for us IMO. Both the good and the bad. At times he's doing too much and biting off more then he can chew so to speak. But he's also making some really great plays as well and is by far the most physical of our 6 Dmen. You can just tell he's totally wired up in the playoffs, again good and bad.

I'm mostly actually fine with his play through 2 games though. Hopefully he can settle down and limit the mistakes especially the bad ones(The bad pinches are the worst for me) going forward though.
I watched the game with my brethren and I was telling them that Manson needs to take a chill pill because he looks like he had 3 RBs with a Monster before the game, and is playing way too open for my liking...then he comes out of the penalty box and goes all JR37 vs Roy in 1996 against Hellebuyck and I kept my mouth shut after that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I do love how ESPN was slobbering over Helle’s Vezina season all night. Meanwhile homeboy has had 10 goals scored on him in 2 nights.

You can see his body language isn't the strongest right now. Time to squash him in Denver and then finish of in Winnipeg.

All situations tonight xGF was 5.38 - 2.47 for the Avs.

Gotta keep playing like this at home. Winnipeg cannot skate with us.
This is beautiful

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Lmao these foos can’t skate with us, we just need Georgiev to play half decent hockey. Suck on that, Jesse Pollock, you terrorist f***

Reactions: Avs_19

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Makar looked great.
Manson too. Colton and Wood are also money in the playoffs.

Mackinnon has been okay. Hit a couple posts already and hasn’t dominated yet but he’s still been pretty good imo. Atleast doesn’t deserve to be in the same sentence as Rantanen. I really don’t know what the hell is up with him. Can’t even receive a pass without fumbling it and losing every single board battle

Rants obviously came back too quickly from the injury.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Girard definitely should go before Manson. This team needs his big dick energy in playoff series.
Girard will be the odd man out this summer, regardless of Manson and his big dick.....

We need capspace.

Rants obviously came back too quickly from the injury.
Which one?

He is having these phases the whole season so far.....

He needs to get going. If he is really injured or banged up Bednar better adjust to this because you cant have him on the top 2 lines with this effort.

Reactions: Elbombatzo

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
For some strange reason i don't hate Georgiev as much today as i did yesterday. No idea how or why, but it happened.

confused.gif

Anyways, great game overall. If we can keep this up, we might have the pleasure to get destroyed by the Vegas Golden Cheaters. Can't wait fellas, can't wait ...

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
For some strange reason i don't hate Georgiev as much today as i did yesterday. No idea how or why, but it happened.

confused.gif

Anyways, great game overall. If we can keep this up, we might have the pleasure to get destroyed by the Vegas Golden Cheaters. Can't wait fellas, can't wait ...

Sorry but game 2 doesn’t come anywhere close to making up for game 1.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
How is that even poutine? Flaming hot cheetos have no cheese taste whatsoever and are not cheese curds. That random mayo or whatever isn’t gravy either. Poutine is not the name for ‘random items tossed in fries’

This being the straw that broke the camels back for Winnipeg being a terrible city is hilarious
If you look closely there a few very lonely cheese curds in there. They have been added after counsel advised that they needed them to legally call it a poutine.

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad