GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30PM MNT 4/23/24 Game 2: Jets lead series 1-0

Will Fourgiev have a save percentage above .700?

• Yes

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Does it even matter?

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Why kid ourselves?

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
For some strange reason i don't hate Georgiev as much today as i did yesterday. No idea how or why, but it happened.

I do not hate him either. Not even after this Game 1 or the last few weeks. I dont hate one of our players at all, nor have i in the past.

I hated just one player during all these times: Brad May. Still a shame that guy was an AV.

I am/was just mad at him because he cost his team a damn good Game 1 on Sunday.

With just average goaltending we would be flying back with a commanding 2-0 lead and the chance to take care of the series at home.

So no, one game doesnt erase everything, but its a step in the right direction and i am really happy for him and his game 2. He just has to keep going in this direction and give his team average to solid goaltending. At least this series.

If we make Round 2, he needs do bail his team out on some situations cause we wont beat Vegas or Dallas with just average goaltending. He needs some burner-saves, like every goalie from time to time and bail his team out.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I never doubted him for a second, frankly.
giphy 2.gif

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Last night is a perfect example of why you don't want team mates or coaches throwing a goalie under the bus after a loss. We all know George lost us that first game, I'm sure he knows it too. But it sounds like the boys rallied behind him from what he said in his interview. I think the speculation that everyone hates him is just speculation. This is a right knit lockeroom. Maybe the presence of Landy came in at the first time to calm everyone down and get everyone back on board.

I'm happy that the team had calmer heads than the fans and this worked out for game 2 and I hope this has given him the confidence he needed to carry it on.

There was a moment last night too where George made a save as Manson was skating behind him, Manson immediately came back and stood right in front of George and seemed to be complementing him. Hopefully there are no cracks in the locker room, that seemed to suggest there werent to me.

Go Avs. Home ice advantage baby.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Last night is a perfect example of why you don't want team mates or coaches throwing a goalie under the bus after a loss. We all know George lost us that first game, I'm sure he knows it too. But it sounds like the boys rallied behind him from what he said in his interview. I think the speculation that everyone hates him is just speculation. This is a right knit lockeroom. Maybe the presence of Landy came in at the first time to calm everyone down and get everyone back on board.

I'm happy that the team had calmer heads than the fans and this worked out for game 2 and I hope this has given him the confidence he needed to carry it on.

There was a moment last night too where George made a save as Manson was skating behind him, Manson immediately came back and stood right in front of George and seemed to be complementing him. Hopefully there are no cracks in the locker room, that seemed to suggest there werent to me.

Go Avs. Home ice advantage baby.
nah that was Byram my dude

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Credit where it’s due, Georgie stepped up and had a very very solid game. Made some huge stops. Really hope he can build his confidence back up with this game.

Also Mittlestadt has been unreal since his rough 1st period in game 1. His defensive ability and puck battling has been unreal this series.

Agreed 100%, the second paragraph can't be understated. MittelJost has been phenomenal since his somewhat shaky 1st period of game 1. We just need MacK-Rants to really get going.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Good for Georgiev. Pretty much his last chance to keep the starter role and he came through.

I think it’s unlikely to last, but I’ll be rooting for him. It would be a great story.

As for the rest of the team, solid workman like road effort. The second line continues to put in work. The depth really shined in this one. Colton and Wood are back to playing the way they did in the 1st half of the season.

Need more consistent play from Mack and Mikko, particularly Mikko. Hope he can regain form on home-ice.

Makar is in Smythe form. When I see the terminator look from him pre-game, it’s always a good sign.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Credit where credit is due. George had a very good game. I was certainly concerned after the first goal though.

The team made a few mistakes defensively like any other team and George bailed them out. That is all we are asking and he did just that.

Agree with others regarding Kivi. He is having himself a series.

Home ice advantage now. Let's not give it back. Win the next two.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I don't get the hate for MacK and Mikko. They've been fine you knew they would get the toughest matchups and WPG has good defensive forwards. Mikko has been noticeably more engaged, battling, and harder skating.

Reactions: RECKLESS and SB

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
To me the biggest issue with MacKinnon is that he's not shooting enough. They're crowding him but he has had quite a few opportunities that he just passed up looking for the perfect pass.

Rantanen has just been bad. He looks very slow out there. He can turn it around pretty quickly too though so hopefully that happens next game at home.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
To me the biggest issue with MacKinnon is that he's not shooting enough. They're crowding him but he has had quite a few opportunities that he just passed up looking for the perfect pass.

Rantanen has just been bad. He looks very slow out there. He can turn it around pretty quickly too though so hopefully that happens next game at home.
Yea the worst thing about Mack right now for me is his telegraphed cross-ice passes, they're so obvious and easy to defend, he's probably only getting 1 out of every 10 or so through, and usually that one is deflected or interrupted, so it is off target or slowed down.

Reactions: GeoRox89

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We don't even know the extent of Drouin's injury, only that they ruled him out for this entire series (no matter how long it lasts). Not sure if we should be expecting him back in Round 2 at this point. If anything, the Avs announcing that Drouin would miss the entirety of Round 1 should indicate that it's more likely than not that he misses Round 2 (if they make it).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad