GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Dallas Stars 11/18/23 6:00PM Mountain Time: Test Your Might!

With American turkey day looming ever closer, Which of these wonders tastes the best?

• Turkey

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Ham

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Stuffing

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Green bean casserole

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Sweet potato souffle

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Yeast Rolls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pumpkin pie

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Its insane how just about every little mistake ends up in the back of the net. Obviously gotta reduce the mistakes but some of that has to be bad puck luck.
And it makes you grip the stick even tighter knowing that you have to be flawless. Then you start making panic moves like Mackinnon did a bunch tonight or you play extra cautious. Its a terrible way to play. I didnt like any of the goals Dallas scored tonight BUT George did make some great stops to keep it at 3 especially that short handed break away after the Girard screw up. So George deserves some props tonight.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
That MrHeiskanen on the Dallas and main board seems really interested in hookers.

• Haha
Reactions: Spilot23

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Also you see that when the team decides to play good hockey, Georgiev looks good. All the bad losses this year is not just on him. When the team plays stupid hockey like they did in the 1st period of this one, Georgiev looks bad and it’s not fair to put all of it on him
He shut it down after the 3rd goal even when the Avs made mistakes. The biggest one was the short handed breakaway after the Girard drop pass. That goes in and its for sure over.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
So I whined about Bednar stacking the top line earlier, but I think I understand the strategy now.

He’s putting Johansen, Tatar, and Drouin together so none of those guys can infect other parts of the roster.

Also… Dallas looked like dog shit tonight. f*** it felt good to see them just wilt like a dying flower.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't think it's a coincidence that since Tatar got swapped for LOC on the 3rd line that it has taken off. Tatar was dragging them down quite a bit. Granted RossCo has picked it up big time but LOC provides so much hustle and great little plays for that line.
Tatar and Drouin just need to be off the roster. Full stop. Those two cost goals tonight and provided nothing. Enough already. Go make a trade for Malgin type or something and end this embarrassment right now.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Nuke was an absolute beast. That backhander by Rants was filthy. Great win.

The one thing I will say about Wood is atleast he's a guy who can skate/play physical. His contract will eventually be ugly no matter what but he's a player that you want in your bottom 6 come playoff time. Nice to see him get rewarded with some points.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Tatar and Drouin just need to be off the roster. Full stop. Those two cost goals tonight and provided nothing. Enough already. Go make a trade for Malgin type or something and end this embarrassment right now.

Waive Tatar now, sign Kane, Drouin can be the nacho eater with MacDermid when Lehk gets back

Nuke - Mack - Mikko
Lehk - RyJo - Kane
Wood - Rosco - LOC
Cogs - Olofsson - Kiwi
Drouin, Tufte

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So I whined about Bednar stacking the top line earlier, but I think I understand the strategy now.

He’s putting Johansen, Tatar, and Drouin together so none of those guys can infect other parts of the roster.

Also… Dallas looked like dog shit tonight. f*** it felt good to see them just wilt like a dying flower.
Last year the 3rd line was the spare parts army. This year it's the second.

Not sure that is the sort of improvement we were expecting but got damn, I love our third line this year.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
He's the best defenceman in the world
1700367105163.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad