Prospect Info: Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #6

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Easy Sgarbossa. He's way more NHL-ready than Hishon. Hishon has higher upside, but because of his injury history, his probably not going to make his upside or close to it.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Joey Hishon. If he can bounce back and string together a full AHL season, we will be believers again.

Add: Geertsen

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I agree with the notion of a head-to-head if the end result is in favor of 1 player by just a few votes.

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Hishon for me, with Sgar not too far behind. These guys are somewhat similar style of prospects, but Hishon's elite hands and creativity give him the nod for me. Hishon would be #2 or 3 on my list except for the injury history, which threatens his future, and therefore drops his rating.

But at the moment at least it appears like he's found a treatment which has cured his symptoms, has had time to recover, and is training hard again so it is looking as hopeful as it has for a couple years now. The fact that the late season hit didn't keep him inactive too long makes me suspect they may have been extra careful keeping him out. Really hoping he can stay healthy for a long time, but it is still a remaining question.

Add: Agozzino

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I think Hishon's health problems are a part of the past now. He's very small so there'll always be some kind of risk but I'm optimistic today. So I voted for him.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I voted for Hishon, based on his talent alone. I'm a bit skeptical that he'll have a long career in the NHL, though. I certainly hope he does, but I have my doubts.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think Hishon's health problems are a part of the past now. He's very small so there'll always be some kind of risk but I'm optimistic today. So I voted for him.

He got injured again and he only managed to play like 10 games? I'm not positive about that.. :help:

Saying his injury problems are behind is pretty big understatement. That's why I take Sgarbossa, he's been great in AHL already and soon he will be able to take next step.

EDIT;

It seems like most people here are optimistic. I guess It's good thing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He got injured again and he only managed to play like 10 games? I'm not positive about that.. :help:

Saying his injury problems are behind is pretty big understatement. That's why I take Sgarbossa, he's been great in AHL already and soon he will be able to take next step.

EDIT;

It seems like most people here are optimistic. I guess It's good thing.

I don't actually think he got hurt after that 2nd cheap shot in the Ahl, by the looks of it they sat him out for precautionary reasons. He was fine as soon as the season ended according to Orwell and is able to train normally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't actually think he got hurt after that 2nd cheap shot in the Ahl, by the looks of it they sat him out for precautionary reasons. He was fine as soon as the season ended according to Orwell and is able to train normally.

That was not the case. He incurred a small concussion, but recovered from pretty quickly. He was probably completely shutdown for precautionary reasons.

member 116861

He did get hurt and was concussed after the 2nd cheapshot. Thankfully he recovered quickly and I wouldn't be too worried about the fact that he got another concussion because it was a really dirty hit like the first one. If he was concussed after a regular hit then I would be more worried.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That was not the case. He incurred a small concussion, but recovered from pretty quickly. He was probably completely shutdown for precautionary reasons.

still a pretty good sign that he can take a cheap shot and not have the same reaction.

Relaxedriley

Slightly Sober
Mar 1, 2012
Oregon
Pickard, tough between him and Hishon imo.

I am surprised aitto is so far ahead of Pickard, he did play well during his callup. Which is especially impressive after giving up a couple quick goals early, shows he has a great mental game. I'm pretty sure he never would have got that callup if Pickard wasn't injured though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I know we're a bit down on Hishon because of his history but I don't think it's fair to describe him as an extreme risk player because of the concussion. Perron, Crosby, Bergeron all came back from a lengthy absence after getting concussed. It doesn't have to mean the career is over.

He did lose almost two years of development time during an important period, so he has a lot of work to do and hopefully he'll be healthy for the whole AHL season. He needs to play games.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
For me from this point on I've got them as

Pickard
Sgarbossa
Aittokallio
Hishon

With Hishon being where he is because of injuries. From that point on is where I reach my threshold for Hishon's skill outweighing his risk relative to the rest of our prospect pool. I think from that point on the most we can expect is a couple of fourth line types (Heard/Malone) or a bottom pairing Dman (Beaupre, one of the 2013ers for example)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad