Prospect Info: Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #5

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Condon really better than Beaupre or Geertson?

Absolutely! He has the potential to be a very dangerous PK threat. His IQ is high, he breaks up a lot of passes, and has great acceleration and top end speed. He gets a lot of breakaways because of that. His shot is also very underrated. They are not exactly the same players, but an easy comparable for Avs fans is Brad Richardson. Condon is probably a future 3rd line LW or C that eats up a lot of PK time.

Shorthanded goals from 11-12

This beauty from this past season

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
went Bigras. Other than Barrie/Mackinnon, he is the safest pick to play in the NHL on a regular basis... one of the safest outside the top 10 in this years draft I'd say.

Sgar will play in the NHL. That skating, fiestiness and drive to get involved all over the ice, and his hands and IQ add up to an excellent replacement for Tanguay or Parenteau winging Mac or Duchene.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Absolutely! He has the potential to be a very dangerous PK threat. His IQ is high, he breaks up a lot of passes, and has great acceleration and top end speed. He gets a lot of breakaways because of that. His shot is also very underrated. They are not exactly the same players, but an easy comparable for Avs fans is Brad Richardson. Condon is probably a future 3rd line LW or C that eats up a lot of PK time.

I've gotta say I'm really intrigued with Condon, he seems like a guy who could pan out and up a solid bottom 6 player.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Thanks for this post. I was completely oblivious to him and just assumed he'd be another Carey type, good AHLer and possible grinder call-up.

Considering I got my hopes up with Mercier I've been trying to temper my expectations for our collegiate signings.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
...Condon videos...

The kid does have a heck of a shot. Never really had a chance to see it on display.

I was a fan of Richardson, but he never had a shot like that. Though he had a couple moments where he got some pretty good ones off. If they have comparable games in other areas, he definitely has a bright future as a 3rd line winger or 4th line center.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
The point of these threads is to vote who will have the most potential in the NHL correct? No offense to Bigras, but Hishon destroys him in pure potential any day of the week.

It says to vote for whoever you think is the best prospect using your own criteria. Personally, I agree with you that Hishon has higher upside, but I think he is much riskier than Bigras at this point in time, so I voted for Bigras.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
It says to vote for whoever you think is the best prospect using your own criteria. Personally, I agree with you that Hishon has higher upside, but I think he is much riskier than Bigras at this point in time, so I voted for Bigras.

Agreed. Hish has skyhigh potential, but the odds of him hitting it at this point are not high enough for me to take him over Bigras. Hell, Sgar and Pickard are on my list before him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad