Prospect Info: Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #5

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Let's get this going... I'm thinking let polls run for 3 days... Try to get the top 20 made - 60 days of polling. This puts us at August 31, 2013 when the #20 poll closes, just in time for TC/PS. I decided to make Nathan MacKinnon Consensus #1 because, quite frankly if you don't think he is the #1 prospect you don't know what you're talking about.

Simple Rules/How things work
1. Vote for who you think is the best prospect using your own criteria. It could either be who is the best now, the future, or both.
2. Always request to add a prospect to the list in order to replenish the list as the polling goes on
3. Always discuss these things. It gets boring if it's just Add: Malone for 30 posts until the next one comes out.

1. Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax Mooseheads (#1 overall, 2013 Draft) - Consensus #1
Elite Prospects Page: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=99204

2. Tyson Barrie, D, Lake Erie Monsters (#64 overall, 2009 Draft) - 71.76%
Elite Prospects Page: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15127

3. Duncan Siemens, D, Saskatoon Blades (#11 Overall 2011 Draft) - 55.93%
Elite Prospects Page: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37238

4. Stefan Elliott, D, Lake Erie Monsters (#49 Overall 2009 Draft) - 53.70
Elite Prospects Page: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15735

Stefan+Elliott+Los+Angeles+Kings+v+Colorado+uw3vQG0I19Hl.jpg

ADDED: Nathan Condon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When did everyone stop loving Sgar? Dude was awesome for LEM as a rookie last year and only got to play on the 4th line when he got called up. I think it's a question of how long until he replaces Tanguay as our second crafty winger for MacKinnon/Duchene.

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
If I could vote I'd go Bigras with a slight edge over Sgarbossa ... but perhaps that is because of the recent hype of Bigras. I think Sgarbossa is set to have a very good year in Lake Erie and will get a chance at some point as a call up. Hishon got some consideration as well but I'm hoping to see him have a healthy season at this point...

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Sgarbossa. I wish Sucko played him with some talent last year, he's solid. Expecting a big year from him in the AHL next year. I think his style will translate very well to the NHL if he keeps developing. I don't know enough about Bigras to rate him over Sgarbossa but if my fellow fans think he's a better prospect that's awesome because I'm pretty high on Michael.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

When did everyone stop loving Sgar? Dude was awesome for LEM as a rookie last year and only got to play on the 4th line when he got called up. I think it's a question of how long until he replaces Tanguay as our second crafty winger for MacKinnon/Duchene.

log jam :(

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man Bigras has a bullet hype train going right now. Can't believe he's handily beating Hishon.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I just voted sami because for some reason i didnt see birgas. I mean birgas.

On birgas hishon comment.

Both of them have the same amount of credentials when it comes to nhl play and i think weve all got a sense of doom with hishon. Birgas is safe. Hishon could never have an issue issueagain or just be one hit from finished. Either way i still see birgas as the better prospect withholding med history.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Man Bigras has a bullet hype train going right now. Can't believe he's handily beating Hishon.
That's because Hishon is so darn lazy. ;)

No, I voted Hishon but I'm very excited about Bigras, too. I've spent a lot of time watching the vids of him lately. He's such a smart and smooth defender.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The point of these threads is to vote who will have the most potential in the NHL correct? No offense to Bigras, but Hishon destroys him in pure potential any day of the week.

1. Vote for who you think is the best prospect using your own criteria. It could either be who is the best now, the future, or both.

Hishon might not ever even make it to the Bigs if he can't stay healthy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Voted Sgarbossa, but it is really, really close between him and Bigras right here. I think the edge goes to Sgarbossa because we know what he can do at a professional level and he has 2nd line upside. If Sgarbossa bulks up a bit this summer, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him compete for a spot and be one of the very last cuts out of camp. Then by the end of the season starting to solidify a spot in the top 9.

Hishon would be here if health wasn't such a big concern.

Add: Agozzino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad