College Hockey 2016-2017

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Any chance this gets televised by NESN? Was the last Frozen Fenway televised? I'd think it would make great TV - as was said earlier, if you're going to get people to go to (or watch) college hockey who don't normally watch it, this would be the time. I follow college hockey twice a year: Beanpot and Hockey East finals (and the actual Frozen Four last year because I was laid up sick). I could be tempted to tune in...and if the tickets are cheap (they won't be), I might go.

Bruins have a home matinee on the second Saturday, but it's against the Flyers. NESN could easy be freed up by NBC/SN taking the game (which, considering it's Flyers, is possible), but I wonder if there's some counterprogramming rules in place that would prevent NESN from showing collegiate hockey.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN and Hockey East have a long relationship so I would expect they will show the games. In the past the college games at Fenway have been played at night so there should be no conflict with Bruins.

Any chance this gets televised by NESN? Was the last Frozen Fenway televised? I'd think it would make great TV - as was said earlier, if you're going to get people to go to (or watch) college hockey who don't normally watch it, this would be the time. I follow college hockey twice a year: Beanpot and Hockey East finals (and the actual Frozen Four last year because I was laid up sick). I could be tempted to tune in...and if the tickets are cheap (they won't be), I might go.

Bruins have a home matinee on the second Saturday, but it's against the Flyers. NESN could easy be freed up by NBC/SN taking the game (which, considering it's Flyers, is possible), but I wonder if there's some counterprogramming rules in place that would prevent NESN from showing collegiate hockey.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I honestly feel bad for some of these kids playing football and basketball at BC. BC is raking in the money while these kids are getting completely exposed because they are simply not ACC caliber athletes. It stopped being a funny when Dennis Clifford said his favorite BC Basketball memory was “Going out to eat”...ok it still is funny :laugh: and on the brightside BC inept play in football and basketball got them more press than they usually get. BC hockey though isn't going anywhere, they'll always be in the hunt.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I honestly feel bad for some of these kids playing football and basketball at BC. BC is raking in the money while these kids are getting completely exposed because they are simply not ACC caliber athletes. It stopped being a funny when Dennis Clifford said his favorite BC Basketball memory was “Going out to eatâ€...ok it still is funny :laugh: and on the brightside BC inept play in football and basketball got them more press than they usually get. BC hockey though isn't going anywhere, they'll always be in the hunt.

Separate basketball from football. Football was bad last year but had two decent years before that.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Separate basketball from football. Football was bad last year but had two decent years before that.

I was speaking more of the historical ineptness of 2015-2016 sports year for basketball and football. I think football will be fine though and I like Addazio as a coach. They really set themselves back letting Spaz take the reins for a few seasons. He's done a good job keeping a lot of the Mass kids from going abroad. For a couple years they were losing some good players in state to UConn, I was shocked when Jordan Todman from Dartmouth, MA committed to UConn.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I can't wait for this.

GO Huskies.

I'm real excited for northeastern hockey this year after that ending last year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Live next door :handclap: I think Im the only neighbor that's happy about it, they all know Im the last guy they want to stand up and say NOT in my neighborhood :laugh:

It could down the road give Bentley a chance of joining ECAC or Hockey East. It only seats 2,500 but that is the same as Harvard and Merrimack.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
My oldest son LOVES BU. With JFK and McAvoy I decided to get season tix this year. We usually go to about a dozen college games, BC, Harvard, Merrimack, BU... Lots of fun. Band in one corner, great energy in the building. Small rinks and great hockey. Looking forward to it.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Not at all excited about having to play a stacked BU team again this year. I liked it much better last year when they were mediocre.

Hoping to see my Riverhawks make it to their 5th straight Hockey East Championship title game, but admittedly this is the first year in a while I'm not really expecting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad