NCAA: College Football 2023 Off-season News and Notes: the Next Great Realignment

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It's official, Texas and Oklahoma are going to the SEC for the 2024. Rest of the AD is ready for it, Sark you better have your boys rolling by 2024.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG and GKJ

Elvis P

Runnin with the Devil
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Scientists tried to measure the educational level of BCS or NIL fans but they were so low they were immeasurable.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Has anyone looked at Georgias schedule for next year? if so.............................. what's the percentage you're giving them at repeating?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Has anyone looked at Georgias schedule for next year? if so.............................. what's the percentage you're giving them at repeating?
Their Non Conf games in Sept are a SMH.... Plenty of opportunity for their new QB Beck, Vandergriff, Stockton to get comfortable against 3 small schools.

Florida, Kentucky, Tenn are all breaking in new QBs as well. Same with GT as their guy transferred I believe. Ole Miss, Dart has competition from 2 transfer portal guys.

Where are the quality non conference games for Georgia?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Their Non Conf games in Sept are a SMH.... Plenty of opportunity for their new QB Beck, Vandergriff, Stockton to get comfortable against 3 small schools.

Florida, Kentucky, Tenn are all breaking in new QBs as well. Same with GT as their guy transferred I believe. Ole Miss, Dart has competition from 2 transfer portal guys.

Where are the quality non conference games for Georgia?

I believe they were suppose to get Oklahoma this year but with the move to the SEC that got cancelled.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I believe they were suppose to get Oklahoma this year but with the move to the SEC that got cancelled.

Home and home starting this year but the SEC told them to find someone else. Good job college football!

Oh and they'll win it all again. Kirby is going to turn that program into a dynasty that will make Alabama under Saban seem poor.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t realize Oklahoma scheduled a home-and-home coming up with…Temple?!?

Sep 19, 2008

Applies to the college football game too. The portal is unregulated and chaotic. Must stop!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pac12 as it is now, isn't going to last. I mean Pac12, Big12, ACC probably need to combine from 3 conferences into 2 conferences. There are now just too many smaller programs and schools that won't interest networks with the Pac12 and Big12. When USC, UCLA, Texas and Oklahoma are gone, what is there left?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pac 12’s best chance is a merger with the Big 12.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Pac12 as it is now, isn't going to last. I mean Pac12, Big12, ACC probably need to combine from 3 conferences into 2 conferences. There are now just too many smaller programs and schools that won't interest networks with the Pac12 and Big12. When USC, UCLA, Texas and Oklahoma are gone, what is there left?
They are going to invite San Diego State soon. i think that is certain. I think the West Coast needs it's own league someway. So Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State,Cal, Stanford, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State. Add San Diego State and they would need one more for 12. I do think that it will eventually become basically two big super conferences with SEC and B1G. Not sure when that exactly will happen though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They are going to invite San Diego State soon. i think that is certain. I think the West Coast needs it's own league someway. So Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State,Cal, Stanford, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State. Add San Diego State and they would need one more for 12. I do think that it will eventually become basically two big super conferences with SEC and B1G. Not sure when that exactly will happen though.
There is a massive trickle-down effect when the football program isn't able to bring in the revenues to support the other smaller sports programs, which may have to get cut because of it.

The concern for the Pac12 is that Wash, Oregon, Stanford, one of the AZ school (not sure which one is more high profile, as it's been a while since the AZ men's basketball team was an elite program among the likes of Kansas, Kentucky, NC, Duke, etc.) would get poached in the next round of expansion for the Big10 to gain the footprint in those markets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There is a massive trickle-down effect when the football program isn't able to bring in the revenues to support the other smaller sports programs, which may have to get cut because of it.

The concern for the Pac12 is that Wash, Oregon, Stanford, one of the AZ school (not sure which one is more high profile, as it's been a while since the AZ men's basketball team was an elite program among the likes of Kansas, Kentucky, NC, Duke, etc.) would get poached in the next round of expansion for the Big10 to gain the footprint in those markets.

If Oregon and Washington leave, I just don’t see how the Pac 12 remains viable. San Diego State gonna move the needle? They will still be out of the LA market although I don’t know how you get back into it because there aren’t any other schools who can take that jump.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kingsbury left USC upon being hired as OC, to be head coach in Arizona, goes back to USC just to be QB coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad