Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
So... Maybe as a member of the media he could ask about White in the zoom interviews with the GM and coach? Idk, seems like hes complaining about himself not doing his job, or is that just me?
We all know how the team treats media. Might get himself banned.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lol. TSN should ask both !!
They did ask McGuire.. he seemed to think it was odd but did not want to comment , not being able to see the progress at camp. Everyone seems to think its strange to pump the guys tires as much as DJ did and then have him slide down the lineup as much as he did.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
They did ask McGuire.. he seemed to think it was odd but did not want to comment , not being able to see the progress at camp. Everyone seems to think its strange to pump the guys tires as much as DJ did and then have him slide down the lineup as much as he did.

Its not odd to me. From the beginning it seemed obvious that Pierre was attempting to drum up any interest in those 2. Hes been looking to move both for a while now.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Ya - that “he looks good” day 2 comment was insanely flattering apparently ...

There was a full week of White skating with 4th line wingers, including the scrimmage - but some people have a hard time figuring that out.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Do GMs actually believe other GMs will fall for that old ruse? "My colleague on a rival team says Player X who happens to have an albatross contract has never looked better, I'm sure he's telling the truth with no ulterior motives."

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
K got your email will reply.
Luv da big mouth smarties who know nothin ... colin still having minor issue with his groin not enough to take him out but it slows him down a bit ... great kid coached him a few springs .. don't believe everything u hear from DJ - great guy too .. here are ur starting lineups
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stuetzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C. Brown
Paquette-Anisimov-Watson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Do GMs actually believe other GMs will fall for that old ruse? "My colleague on a rival team says Player X who happens to have an albatross contract has never looked better, I'm sure he's telling the truth with no ulterior motives."

I don’t think there was any intention to create that illusion -

The Sens asked White to get stronger and he did. When PD or DJ get asked initially they say he looks good (in the intro drills they were running) - the player did what the org asked.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Its not odd to me. From the beginning it seemed obvious that Pierre was attempting to drum up any interest in those 2. Hes been looking to move both for a while now.
But has already told us many times that he doesn't negotiate through the media.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Don't forget we had a poster come to this board to tell us he used to coach White and heard he was looking slow in camp from putting on too much muscle. It was in direct conflict with DJ's praise, so the poster was dismissed as a troll.

Maybe he wasn't?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Don't forget we had a poster come to this board to tell us he used to coach White and heard he was looking slow in camp from putting on too much muscle. It was in direct conflict with DJ's praise, so the poster was dismissed as a troll.

Maybe he wasn't?
this guy
Luv da big mouth smarties who know nothin ... colin still having minor issue with his groin not enough to take him out but it slows him down a bit ... great kid coached him a few springs .. don't believe everything u hear from DJ - great guy too .. here are ur starting lineups
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stuetzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C. Brown
Paquette-Anisimov-Watson

Reactions: foggyvisor

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I guess if you want to look at it more positively, maybe he's adjusting to putting on more size. Batherson got bigger over the offseason in 2019 and he looked sluggish to start the season.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I guess if you want to look at it more positively, maybe he's adjusting to putting on more size. Batherson got bigger over the offseason in 2019 and he looked sluggish to start the season.

I think this could be good for him - give him a less offensive role and let him learn to use his new strength effectively.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stuetzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C. Brown
Paquette-Anisimov-Watson

Maybe he wasn't?

Oh, you mean JT AM DA REAL DEAL? Surprised he doesn't have his own "source" prefix.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
and here's another thing your team is gonna do better than what pundits think ... you finally got a $$$ goaler ... and you have mixed in vets with rooks pretty darn good
The team is good but the coach is a worthless imbecile. He has already on the way to screwing up the team.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He is a young guy
The team is good but the coach is a worthless imbecile. He has already on the way to screwing up the team.
He is a young guy and a bit of a d*ck but still like his old school ways ... he was last generation of guys to come up thru O i think with spits who learned game da hard way like rook hazing, 1st shift dman 1st hit and benchings for losing ur man etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad