Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
He had 18 pts in a 56 game season which is about 26 pts in a reg season. He misses games every season - if he gets 30 pts next year it’s an improvement.

If he plays more games it means he’s been healthier and found a way not to get benched. All improvements….

You looked up the stats and then misrepresented it by stating the length of the season vs how many games he actually played for your pace calculation. That's not how pace works. 18 points in 45 games works out to 33 points in 82.

Doesn't matter that he missed games. Even subtracting the games he missed from the final total he could play, it's still 28 in 71 games.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah, that was a bad move for sure. He should have been signed to a 2 or 3 year bridge deal.

The irony of that is there was a pissed off fan base and the team needed positive PR. the noise in here would have been unbearable if they'd only signed White to a 2 year bridge deal. Go back and read the thread about him signing....not a lot of negative takes on the deal at the time it was signed... i think White's had a rough two years but in reality he only needs a marginal improvement in his game to be worth that contract

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You looked up the stats and then misrepresented it by stating the length of the season vs how many games he actually played for your pace calculation. That's not how pace works. 18 points in 45 games works out to 33 points in 82.

Doesn't matter that he missed games. Even subtracting the games he missed from the final total he could play, it's still 28 in 71 games.

White has a history of injures - it’s a reality of each of his seasons. There is no misrepresentation… part of White’s challenge to improve will be to stay healthy and play more games.

The team played 56 games … my math is accurate. White had 18 pts / 56 games or 26 pts / 82 games.

his staying healthy enough or producing more to get 30+ pts would be an improvement.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
White has a history of injures - it’s a reality of each of his seasons. There is no misrepresentation… part of White’s challenge to improve will be to stay healthy and play more games.

The team played 56 games … my math is accurate. White had 18 pts / 56 games or 26 pts / 82 games.

his staying healthy enough or producing more to get 30+ pts would be an improvement.

You will be Sweating White soon buddy! I know I said it and it didn't work last time, but this year Colin will show you!!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.jpg

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You will be Sweating White soon buddy! I know I said it and it didn't work last time, but this year Colin will show you!!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.jpg

That would be great. I love the idea of White becoming a top 9 player for us.

Id be thrilled if he played some solid two way 3RW for us and could raise his game to be an effective PK’r.

Last edited:

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
The irony of that is there was a pissed off fan base and the team needed positive PR. the noise in here would have been unbearable if they'd only signed White to a 2 year bridge deal. Go back and read the thread about him signing....not a lot of negative takes on the deal at the time it was signed... i think White's had a rough two years but in reality he only needs a marginal improvement in his game to be worth that contract
I couldn't have said it better.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I would have loved a bridge - i got slammed for suggesting something like $1.8-2.1 x 2. That would have set him up perfectly to continue to work hard and improve and let him lay his way up the lineup.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I would have loved a bridge - i got slammed for suggesting something like $1.8-2.1 x 2. That would have set him up perfectly to continue to work hard and improve and let him lay his way up the lineup.

Ya, i wouldcof bridged him too. But you know, you win some you lose some. We got EK and Turris in their primes for less than market. Huge wins. And you of all people should realize that getting extra value out of a post elc long term deal is something we need to hit on now and again

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ya, i wouldcof bridged him too. But you know, you win some you lose some. We got EK and Turris in their primes for less than market. Huge wins. And you of all people should realize that getting extra value out of a post elc long term deal is something we need to hit on now and again

I don’t even dislike White … I see nothing wrong with him following a Nick Paul type compensation pathway.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I hope White has a good year. Healthy, a line that he can help and not be the focus of, some good minutes. One season of that might help his approach to the game. Something to go right for once.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope White has a good year. Healthy, a line that he can help and not be the focus of, some good minutes. One season of that might help his approach to the game. Something to go right for once.

Not getting thrust into a role he wasn't ready for in his 2nd year , DJs 1st year and then getting sat in the stands to start the next year may go a long way to having a good start and a good season.

Reactions: badi

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Sounds like the 4th line to me to let him define a role before any of Soko, Jarventie, or Boucher get here…

Who’s kidding who … he isn’t the focus of any line.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
For the life of me I can’t understand why this guy is such a lightening rod.

Seems super cringy weird and I hope to hell that he never reads the dumb shit posted in here.

No shame in here when folks can hide.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
For the life of me I can’t understand why this guy is such a lightening rod.

Seems super cringy weird and I hope to hell that he never reads the dumb shit posted in here.

No shame in here when folks can hide.

Maybe because some people think he’s a 1st line player and other thing he’s a fifth line player ? What do you think ?

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Maybe because some people think he’s a 1st line player and other thing he’s a fifth line player ? What do you think ?
Does Ottawa even have any real first line players though? They aren't really a first line type of team. The team they're trying to build will have four solid, comparable lines.

The key to that is balance, meaning White might fit better on line 1 if it means keeping C. Brown and Paul together for line 3. Lumping your 3 best together for your first line probably isn't going overwhelm an opposing team when the line is Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson, but if you spread the talent out amongst the lines, this Senators team could have something special.

Nobody is calling White a first line player, they are simply trying to work with what we currently have. Much in the same way Red and White work to together to make special things like the Canadian flag.

Acting like he's the problem of all problems the way you do is akin to working against White, the way that Black does. White and black make negative things, like pirate flags.

Thinkred, Sweatred. Be more red.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Does Ottawa even have any real first line players though? They aren't really a first line type of team. The team they're trying to build will have four solid, comparable lines.

The key to that is balance, meaning White might fit better on line 1 if it means keeping C. Brown and Paul together for line 3. Lumping your 3 best together for your first line probably isn't going overwhelm an opposing team when the line is Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson, but if you spread the talent out amongst the lines, this Senators team could have something special.

Nobody is calling White a first line player, they are simply trying to work with what we currently have. Much in the same way Red and White work to together to make special things like the Canadian flag.

Acting like he's the problem of all problems the way you do is akin to working against White, the way that Black does. White and black make negative things, like pirate flags.

Thinkred, Sweatred. Be more red.

Yes Ottawa does have some first line talent . I think White’s possession and passing skills are too weak to play in an important scoring role. He simply kills to many possessions to be mixed into our limited talent. It’s too hard to score at even strength in the nhl if too many plays unnecessarily die

He isn’t the problem of all problems. He’s the problem of all scoring, I don t want him anywhere near Brady or Jimmy. Nothing wrong with him on the 4th line, or maybe 3RW. I see people suggesting Paul can play 4th line and but if I suggest White should play 4th line people scream.

Nick Paul is a better hockey player than white. Offensively or defensively.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Are there any good 3C’s in the league that aren’t allowed to kill penalties ?

This forum would be 100 times better if the only thing you posted was "I hate White" and changed your name to the same as well.

No point in writing anything else.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This forum would be 100 times better if the only thing you posted was "I hate White" and changed your name to the same as well.

Now why would he do that, when he can get pages worth of responses by continuing what he's doing now?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Ha … I don’t hate White at all …. I think he should make $1.8 and be our 4C or 3-4RW.

If I say that about Nick Paul no one cares …

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If you also make every other post about Paul that would change.

The White evaluation around here has been an epic miss similar to the outrage of trading EK…

There are 1000x more Geener is cheap comments made but they fits everyone’s personal agenda and they go unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad