Confirmed with Link: Colin Greening Clears Waivers | Called up for west coast trip |

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
this

hopefully he'll never wear a Sens uni agin.

I doesn't matter if he's making 4 mill in bingo, as long as he's not here.

I dont get this attitude. He wasnt playing on a consistent basis and really had no effect on the team...going to Bingo doesnt change anything for the team.

I never understood by people wish for ****** things to happen to good people.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I dont get this attitude. He wasnt playing on a consistent basis and really had no effect on the team...going to Bingo doesnt change anything for the team.

I see what you're saying, but Greening still played 20 games this season. That is 20 games someone that could contribute could have been playing instead.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

haha

Greening is garbage, the team is better off without him.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'll give him credit for doing what he could in a time when we had no-one else to look to. He had his moments and he was a good soldier who kept his mouth shut and did what he could. That says a lot about character.

That said, his time was then and he has moved on.

Time to take a look at Prince, once the roster mess around Smith and the others is settled. All of Legwand, Neil, Michalek, Smith should be looked to move, rotate out of line-up or waive (Smith).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Makes me respect Condra a heck of a lot more. The writing was on the wall for him as well but he rose to the challenge whereas Colin buckled under the pressure.

Too bad but **** happens, just look at Richards on the waiver wire too...

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

...He had the effect of blocking a more deserving player's roster spot.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Yep. We're still paying the guy, only we're paying him to do it somewhere else now.

Seems like a hollow victory.

Murray has recently said we are well within our budget, I assume he does have money to spend. Clearing up a roster position can really mean a lot for us going forward.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
You guys liked to rag on this guy but for 204 overall I'd say he's done pretty well. I mean what's he to do about his contract? "Sorry Brian I don't think I'm worth that much."

Regardless, I hope he gets another shot somewhere, I'm sure he will, maybe Dallas will claim him and try him with Spezza again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
...He had the effect of blocking a more deserving player's roster spot.

Had had the effect of filling a spot in the press box, one that any of our young prospects would be ill suited for.

People act like if he wasn't here, Puemple, Prince or Pageau would have been here all year, when in reality, we likley would just have had an vacant spot on the 23 man roster for most of the year. Maybe he blocked an injury call up or two (by blocked I mean negated the need for) but even that's a stretch, as we usually had two forwards sitting.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Makes me respect Condra a heck of a lot more. The writing was on the wall for him as well but he rose to the challenge whereas Colin buckled under the pressure.

Too bad but **** happens, just look at Richards on the waiver wire too...

This. I've hated on Condra for a long time on these boards, but since he was riding the pine and came back he's been playing really good hockey...good skater, but he just can't put the puck in the net...but is always good for an emotional rollercoaster when he gets his breakaway and then doesn't get a shot off..lol

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Had had the effect of filling a spot in the press box, one that any of our young prospects would be ill suited for.

People act like if he wasn't here, Puemple, Prince or Pageau would have been here all year, when in reality, we likley would just have had an vacant spot on the 23 man roster for most of the year. Maybe he blocked an injury call up or two (by blocked I mean negated the need for) but even that's a stretch, as we usually had two forwards sitting.

It's nothing hard to grasp.

A sucky player is eliminated from the roster, and there's one less guy to scratch.

Also that player will officially, and probably, not be on the NHL roster for the rest of his career.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So now that the #1 whipping boy for the fans is gone, who's up next?

My guess is Michalek or Weircioch.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's nothing hard to grasp.

A sucky player is eliminated from the roster, and there's one less guy to scratch.

Also that player will officially, and probably, not be on the NHL roster for the rest of his career.

I guess it is something pretty hard to grasp; This changes nothing. The team still pays him, he now takes a roster spot from one of our developmental teams players (which is probably more important to our young players development than filling a seat in the pressbox would be).

Basically, you're celebrating something that has no actual benefit to the team. One less player scratched doesn't help us in any way. The worst part is you seem to be happy that he'll never be on an NHL roster for the remainder of his career; so not only do you celebrate a move that doesn't really help us, but you seem to experience joy in the thought that other teams won't employ him (does that affect you in any way???) and that for all intents and purposes, his dream is over. If true, that pretty much makes you a horrible human being.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I said on "the" NHL roster. Meaning "this" NHL roster. Meaning the Ottawa Senators organization.

You're digging way too deep with this. It makes us a better team, period.

I won't bother taking this any further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad