Prospect Info: Cole Schwindt

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't know why, because he's such a quiet guy, but when I think of GM Sutter I think of him like he's Vince McMahon without all the rapey and exploitation stuff.

6'2'' Canadian boy up for grabs and he's doing the fall over meme.
Kyle Greentree is available?

sutter.gif

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Very good article by a former Panther Scout on the trade and Cole Schwindt.

Also he speaks to the tax differences between US and Canadian based players. Not as bad as some would have you believe.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The more I poke into it, the more it seems like Schwindt is in a similar calibre/expectation of graduation a Zary and Ruzicka with non-identical, but many of the positive tools that those two have. If It's too much to have more than Pelletiers and Phillips graduate, I can see there being a temporary logjam for space to graduate players. Rooney and Lewis would be good guides for these guys in the bottom 6, but we would need less vets (once the contract expire) to let the kids onto the roster.

Graduation wise for the forward prospects in order it looks like: Pelletier (LW), Phillips (RW), Ruzicka/Schwindt (C), Pospisil (LW/C?), Zary (C), Coronato (RW)

We are likely going to have issues if we cannot increase graduation from 2 per season to 3-4 for a season or two.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I still think this would be the best line in the AHL next year:

Pelletier - Schwindt - Phillips
Sonny Plays station portable (PSP) line.? Smalls~ish but still has much awesome?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The more I poke into it, the more it seems like Schwindt is in a similar calibre/expectation of graduation a Zary and Ruzicka with non-identical, but many of the positive tools that those two have. If It's too much to have more than Pelletiers and Phillips graduate, I can see there being a temporary logjam for space to graduate players. Rooney and Lewis would be good guides for these guys in the bottom 6, but we would need less vets (once the contract expire) to let the kids onto the roster.

Graduation wise for the forward prospects in order it looks like: Pelletier (LW), Phillips (RW), Ruzicka/Schwindt (C), Pospisil (LW/C?), Zary (C), Coronato (RW)

We are likely going to have issues if we cannot increase graduation from 2 per season to 3-4 for a season or two.
What are the odds Zary is ready for 3C next season?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What are the odds Zary is ready for 3C next season?

I think it's doable, but I'd rather graduate ruzicka and have Zary develop more. Zary has a higher ceiling so developing more in AHL isn't a bad idea. I'm just not sure who graduates first, Ruzicka or Schwindt, but IMO both are close to being fully marinated in the AHL. Maybe Ruzicka first while Schwindt learns our system?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think it's doable, but I'd rather graduate ruzicka and have Zary develop more. Zary has a higher ceiling so developing more in AHL isn't a bad idea. I'm just not sure who graduates first, Ruzicka or Schwindt, but IMO both are close to being fully marinated in the AHL. Maybe Ruzicka first while Schwindt learns our system?
Do think Zary has 2C upside? Obviously these things will play themselves out, but I’m curious.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Do think Zary has 2C upside? Obviously these things will play themselves out, but I’m curious.

If Zary is supposed to be a Horvat type of player, I think there's a longshot of 1C as well. So IMO Zary's upside is top 9 C vs Ruzicka and Schwindt are more like bottom 9 C.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Zary is supposed to be a Horvat type of player, I think there's a longshot of 1C as well. So IMO Zary's upside is top 9 C vs Ruzicka and Schwindt are more like bottom 9 C.
I think that’s a fair assessment. One thing is certain, he needs to have a big season.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I thought that had a lot to do due to injury struggles, no?

Certainly didn't help he was out for a big chunk of the start of the year but unless he had a brain injury I didn't hear about it's hard to blame a bum ankle for throwing the puck blindly to the other team 6 times a game. He's got good hands and makes a lot of good plays but the bad ones are just as numerous.

I'm still a fan and you can see the raw talent but he's got a lot to work on before he's ready for the show.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad