Prospect Info: Cole Schwindt

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
1.png

Hey look, a right shot and he's already wearing red

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm crossing my fingers as he's still just 21. The point totals were decent in his 2nd AHL season. His size is good. But I really know anying else about this kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanuuk

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

10. Cole Schwindt, RW, 20 (Charlotte Checkers)

Schwindt has always had the makings of a good role player and this year has has begun to show he’s more than that at the AHL level so that he can become that at the NHL level. He has been one of Charlotte’s top players, using his pro size and a workman’s approach to play to the inside, go to the net, and stay on pucks with his above-average overall skill and good instincts. He has also cleaned up his skating mechanics by the looks of it (he used to really drag his toes across the ice on his recovery but he has made some progress there) to round out his game. I don’t think he’ll be more than a bottom-six player at the next level but his odds of becoming an everyday guy instead of a fringe guy have definitely improved from low to medium.

Reactions: ESH

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

I didn't know anything about him so I just looked at the stats first, and thought he's nothing special, 40 points in 72 games in the AHL when Flames had Phillips and Pelletier over 60 points and few other 40+ point guys. But yeah it looks better when you see he was one the best players in that AHL team

Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Something about him is starting to remind me of Lazar. I'm good with that :)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
But better, right?

Right?

Something about him screams 90% Lazar from style, personality, skill ceiling, leadership, fit etc. And 10% Bennett.

So... Yeah. What Lazar was supposed to be before being derailed badly and what Bennett was when he was derailed is the vibe I get. I might be wrong tho. But that combo... That's still a very solid player IMO.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sutter would have traded Tkachuk for Schwindt straight up.

I don't know why, because he's such a quiet guy, but when I think of GM Sutter I think of him like he's Vince McMahon without all the rapey and exploitation stuff.

6'2'' Canadian boy up for grabs and he's doing the fall over meme.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00