Cole Caufield re-draft 2019

Caufield redraft

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Last year in playoff, he play like a star type of player. 4 goals against Vegas.

This year, the team play like shit and Caufield don't play bad too, just don't put points like Trevor Zegras too...

TIL 12 points in 20 playoff games is playing like a star player

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Just like last years small sample was too early to bump him up, this small sample of poor play is to early to bump him down.

Reactions: elitepete

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
So what was the point of you bringing up Marners and Matthews regular seasons stats? To get destroyed, put out an unrelated opinion and run?
Nope. I never ran. Also, where was I destroyed exactly? At the fact that Caufield was one of the main reasons my team made the Stanley Cup Finals? In his first post season, no less?

Quite frankly regular stats don’t mean jack shit. That said, laughing at a small sample in the start of a regular season was reason enough for me to also remind that your two expensive star players are not doing any better.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Nope. I never ran. Also, where was I destroyed exactly? At the fact that Caufield was one of the main reasons my team made the Stanley Cup Finals? In his first post season, no less?

Quite frankly regular stats don’t mean jack shit. That said, laughing at a small sample in the start of a regular season was reason enough for me to also remind that your two expensive star players are not doing any better.

Regular season stats don't matter? You do realize you have to make the playoffs to be in the playoffs?

Cool story bro. They've played 1 game combined this season

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Regular season stats don't matter? You do realize you have to make the playoffs to be in the playoffs?

Cool story bro. They've played 1 game combined this season
Half the teams make the playoffs. It’s not as elusive as you think it is. What matters is who wins the Stanley Cup in the end. It’s very promising to me that Suzuki and Caufield (in his first NHL playoffs) were the driving forces that got my team all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Putting him top 5 in a redraft after a strong showing in the playoffs was always premature. He is still going to be a great player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Poll is 1 through 10 ????

Pffft. None of the above. The most overrated prospect in recent memory.

He's an excellent player with some good potential, but the hype around this guy was unreal after a few games.
I recall the other Caufield thread about goals scored. In that thread I remember saying 25 goals as a rookie would be really good.. and was mercilessly ridiculed for that opinion lol.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He's an excellent player with some good potential, but the hype around this guy was unreal after a few games.
I recall the other Caufield thread about goals scored. In that thread I remember saying 25 goals as a rookie would be really good.. and was mercilessly ridiculed for that opinion lol.
He's not an "excellent player", V.

I'm not even sure he belongs in the NHL.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

The craziest comment I received was that Caufield had 50 goals/100 points potential...

This comment has been deleted/edited since, of course.

• Haha
Reactions: David Suzuki

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Updated Cole Caufield Calder Trophy watch:

9 games
0 goals
0 primary assists
1 secondary assists
1 points
-2 +\-

Updated race for 40 goals: 40 to go.
The kid is painfully one dimensional. Can't back check. Can't play D. Can't pass. Not physical. Can't deke - he can only shoot. He's on the PP and his own players don't pass to him.

His ceiling is "good" but I don't even see that.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The kid is painfully one dimensional. Can't back check. Can't play D. Can't pass. Not physical. Can't deke - he can only shoot. He's on the PP and his own players don't pass to him.

His ceiling is "good" but I don't even see that.

Would you say prime Michael Ryder is a fair projection for what he may become?

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Caufield just got demoted to the AHL.

Man some of the comments in the start of this thread are way too overoptimistic and off base.

Caufield is too one dimensional. Once his offense dried up he became a liability to the team and his minutes started diminishing which isn't good for his development.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Caufield is too one dimensional. Once his offense dried up he became a liability to the team and his minutes started diminishing which isn't good for his development.

Yup.

This Caufield news shows us that his slum-dog millionaire season last year was a fluke and Robertson > Caufield is back on. :)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I voted #10 because that was the lowest number available... I think he was drafted in the right spot.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What has Zegras done to surpass them? Cozens and Zegras were both dominant at the world juniors and Kakko was in the NHL at the time. Zegras hasn’t done close to enough in the NHL to put himself well ahead of them either. You could argue him being better but I think they’re better at this point and that he’s a bit overrated by some people.
Turn a single Anaheim game on and see. Opening box scores on a team like Anaheim probably ain't the best way to judge a player... maybe in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad