Caufield redraft

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
This thread is a case study in why you shouldn't be placing lofty expectations on a young player after an incredibly small sample size of games.
Unless they are Lucas Raymond (90+ Pace) or Moritz Seider (70 assist pace).

They’re legit and will not come down to earth in anyway. I know this because they play for my favorite team.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: ricky0034 and Lauro

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Nope. I never ran. Also, where was I destroyed exactly? At the fact that Caufield was one of the main reasons my team made the Stanley Cup Finals? In his first post season, no less?

Quite frankly regular stats don’t mean jack shit. That said, laughing at a small sample in the start of a regular season was reason enough for me to also remind that your two expensive star players are not doing any better.

They do if you are not in the PO's.

Why do so many people think that young players development is always linear?

Having a good PO for a rookie does not always translate into a great regular season performance the following year.

This poll is way to premature.

How good will Caufield be?

Ask again when he is 23/24 years old.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I still believe that he can be a star player. He just need time. Habs don't play well too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This thread is a case study in why you shouldn't be placing lofty expectations on a young player after an incredibly small sample size of games.

It isn’t even that. Caufield wasn’t that great in that small sample. He was a second line winger. He wasn’t 1PPG or .5 GPG. Habs fans completely overrated how well he was playing.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Yup.

This Caufield news shows us that his slum-dog millionaire season last year was a fluke and Robertson > Caufield is back on. :)
Hilarious how obnoxious Habs fans were about Robertson getting sent down being some indication that Caufield is miles better.

Yet here we are. Great development system in Hab land strikes again.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Still young and I have no idea what happened to him this offseason, maybe covid. We saw what covid did to Mika last year. I still believe he is going to be a great player. He had a good playoff run and looks to be a little out of shape. This thread has a lot of over emotional users in it.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Hilarious how obnoxious Habs fans were about Robertson getting sent down being some indication that Caufield is miles better.

We can point fingers all day long. I remember Leafs fans being obnoxious about Cole being in college when Robertson was playing NHL games.

Easy to go back and find the posts.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I warned all of my fellow habs fans, Don't put your foot in your mouth when the organisation developing these kids is the habs. How quickly people forget how god awful we are with anybody with an ounce of offensive talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad