Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You said it: “a coach who trust them”. He wouldn’t have played one minute in these playoffs under Therrien. How many careers has this guy ruined?
Not even sure he’d get this much rope with Julien.

Ducharme has done pretty much everything right since game 4 vs. Toronto and letting Caufield go do his thing and keep giving him regular shifts regardless of what happens is a big part of that.

Reactions: Born in 1909

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not even sure he’d get this much rope with Julien.

Ducharme has done pretty much everything right since game 4 vs. Toronto and letting Caufield go do his thing and keep giving him regular shifts regardless of what happens is a big part of that.
I think Julien would played the kid. It was a team group decision n not a 1 person call. CC plays in POs regardless of coach.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Say what you want about Craig Button...but he predicted that Goal Caufield would become the Lionel Messi of hockey. Hahahaha

Wow. I can certainly see the similarities.

Just yesterday I was watching highlights of one Messi's 1st games as an 18/17 year old for Barcelona against Real Madrid. Zidane, Beckham, Eto, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Brazilian Ronaldo were on the field. Messi was already the best player on the field and getting tons of chances. But hadn't yet figured out how to finish them all at that level. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wow. I can certainly see the similarities.

Just yesterday I was watching highlights of one Messi's 1st games as an 18/17 year old for Barcelona against Real Madrid. Zidane, Beckham, Eto, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Brazilian Ronaldo were on the field. Messi was already the best player on the field and getting tons of chances. But hadn't yet figured out how to finish them all at that level. Sound familiar?

The amount of all-time greats on that pitch is absurd.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The amount of all-time greats on that pitch is absurd.

Yeah those were great years. But also, that's soccer, no salary cap. The biggest markets load up on all the stars and are at the top of the standings every year, except the odd year here and there.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I think he is elite. A future All Star and potential HOFer. The things he has accomplished already at this level of competition is nothing short of elite (no pun intended).

He is the definition of the word clutch.

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
Bust. Didn't score on a breakaway and then was on the ice for the opposing equalizer.

:sarcasm:

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
He's been responsible defensively and disciplined. If there's one thing he can improve on is to be more active in puck retrieval. He's way too passive and is sometimes just circling by or watching/waiting. Get your stick in there and dig it out.

Reactions: Archijerej

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Tough play by Caulfield on the first goal by the Knights. He missed that puck along the boards and that led to the break down down low.

That line lost the battle with the Karlsson line and that was one of the reasons the Habs lost.

I still think Caulfield will be a difference maker this upcoming 3 game series. Tough night tonight.

Reactions: Paddy17

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He will probably need a puck retriever on his line as he's inconsistent in puck battles. Sometimes he hangs around a scrum and good things come out of that, like in the series-winning goal against the Jets. Sometimes he anticipates what the defenceman is going to do on the breakout and is able to intercept the puck. But there are also a lot of situations when he refuses to engage as the F1 and the opponent has no problem whatsoever to make a play.

Reactions: Paddy17

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He will probably need a puck retriever on his line as he's inconsistent in puck battles. Sometimes he hangs around a scrum and good things come out of that, like in the series-winning goal against the Jets. Sometimes he anticipates what the defenceman is going to do on the breakout and is able to intercept the puck. But there are also a lot of situations when he refuses to engage as the F1 and the opponent has no problem whatsoever to make a play.

He knows he’s not going to outmuscle anyone so he goes for the intercept and/or directs the opponent to breakout the side he wants. I have no issue with that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's nice to look at this thread and take in the enthusiasm we all have for Caufield...it'll come in handy next year when he goes through a slump and people start asking if it's time to send him to the AHL.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He knows he’s not going to outmuscle anyone so he goes for the intercept and/or directs the opponent to breakout the side he wants. I have no issue with that.
Yes, he will have to be unorthodox, but he can't be a puff of smoke on the forecheck.

Last night that line didn't generate many clean entries and they just couldn't retrieve the puck after dump ins the whole night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad