Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost85875

Apr 9, 2021
I no longer want Habs to win the Stanley cup.

I'm afraid of Stanley crushing Cole when he attempts to lift it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Having skilled players like him and Suzuki is such a breath of fresh air. Even more so having a coach who trusts them, especially in Caufield’s case who went from a scratch to start the playoffs to being so instrumental on our top offensive line and doesn’t get benched or have a short leash. Feels so good to know our top offensive duo will be together for so many years, and are already getting this playoff experience at the ages of 21 and 20.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Those who have seen him play at his prime will agree:

By far the best player ever on breakaway was:

Mario Lemieux

Unstoppable for a goaltender...Hasek, Roy name it ...Lemieux with his hands, moves, his long reach or..... his shot at the top right corner he was simply amazing

Caufield yesterday reminded me Lemieux with his perfect top right shot on Fleury...

Caufield is the real deal

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Those who have seen him play at his prime will agree:

By far the best player ever on breakaway was:

Mario Lemieux

Unstoppable for a goaltender...Hasek, Roy name it ...Lemieux with his hands, moves, his long reach or..... his shot at the top right corner he was simply amazing

Caufield yesterday reminded me Lemieux with his perfect top right shot on Fleury...

Caufield is the real deal

yeah seeing the replay it was crazy how fast that puck got off the stick and he barely even flicked his wrist. Everything about that goal was great. Dude is an odd man rush/breakaway machine. I have to say I'm VERY surprised at this being a thing at the NHL...at 20...in the playoffs. I don't even understand it. This is an aspect of his game that could turn him into a top 10 forward in this league imo. To have this to go along with his already scary tool box and we're talking BIG production.

I said on day 1 this kid would be the crown jewel of our org. If I knew how to search old posts I'd find it lol. I still can't believe we got this kid. I lost it when I saw the pick through a window at a bar I was walking by having ZERO idea who was picked before hand except Broberg at 9(?). Unreal luck. For once.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
What a year for him,

6 NHL goals in 22 games (reg + playoffs)
3 AHL goals in 2 games
30 NCAA goals in 31 games
2 WJC goals in 7 games

that's 41 goals this season in 62 games at all levels.

Wins the Hobey Baker, WJC Gold, and is currently 1 pt away from the playoff lead in points for a U-21 player.

Then after all that in 4 months he can start his gig as NHL rookie. Not exactly a regular "intern" on the job.

Zxlime

Feb 26, 2012
Then after all that in 4 months he can start his gig as NHL rookie. Not exactly a regular "intern" on the job.

That's insane. Is there a stat out there of rookies winning the Stanley Cup before winning the Calder? (i know those are 2 humongous IFs but im curious)

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Why are you moving goal posts back to just goalies? WTF? :laugh:

Different era for 'prime' windows, farm systems & rookies. It's hardly comparable, if not at all.

You mean it would not be apples and oranges if I compared Dryden to Ylonen?

Both Dryden and Primeau came from NCAA, Both did a stint in the AHL ... and both wore masks.

Era are different, feats are for the ages.

Go Caufield goal!

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
You mean it would not be apples and oranges if I compared Dryden to Ylonen?

Both Dryden and Primeau came from NCAA, Both did a stint in the AHL ... and both wore masks.

Era are different, feats are for the ages.

Go Caufield goal!

No, I said stop comparing rookies from different eras.

Borderline realistic for Dryden at his age. Borderline. But --- absolutely ridiculous for Caufield. Absurd.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Well it's called improvement and development. Seeing him play in his 1st year in the NCAA was not like his last year in the NCAA.
People were still saying "but defence" after his 2 AHL games. Pretty sure Guy Boucher on RDS even did a segment about how "he's just not ready defensively" and Boucher is one of the good RDS analysts

Reactions: dcyhabs

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Having skilled players like him and Suzuki is such a breath of fresh air. Even more so having a coach who trusts them, especially in Caufield’s case who went from a scratch to start the playoffs to being so instrumental on our top offensive line and doesn’t get benched or have a short leash. Feels so good to know our top offensive duo will be together for so many years, and are already getting this playoff experience at the ages of 21 and 20.

Its literally the duo I've been waiting decades for.

CC 3 pts in 3 conf final games as a 20 yr old rookie, its the dream.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
You said it: “a coach who trust them”. He wouldn’t have played one minute in these playoffs under Therrien. How many careers has this guy ruined?

Reactions: dcyhabs

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Funniest part is after all the hand-wringing about "omg his defence" he's a perfectly adequate defensive forward lmao
He plays a bit of different style, he’s positionally sound and deceptively quick, he won’t take himself out of the play for a big hit, he’s always looking for the puck to transition to offence. Sone would argue he’s a bit soft, I would argue that he’s smart and playing to his strengths. Not sure why he missed a few OT shifts though, but in the end it didn’t matter. We got the result we wanted.

I thought he was going to put us up 2-1 with his z2nd goal when he got a partial breakaway and went five hole, kid is such a damn good scorer, he doesn’t get beat on those opportunities too often, was a beauty shot too, but fleury made a big save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad