Not open for further replies.

dantan

Sep 8, 2004
I prepare my pool and I have tree young players in my team:
Colaiacovo (Toronto)
Suter (Nashville)
Fahey (San Jose)

Your guest:
A- Who will have the most points this year (in order)
B- In the future, like in two or tree years, the same question

Thanks
:)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
dantan said:
I prepare my pool and I have tree young players in my team:
Colaiacovo (Toronto)
Suter (Nashville)
Fahey (San Jose)

Your guest:
A- Who will have the most points this year (in order)
B- In the future, like in two or tree years, the same question

Thanks
:)

Colaiacovo is the best bet to get top 4 ice time in Toronto, and he has two talented offensive d-men in Mccabe and Kaberle to help him.

IDK about Suter. I haven't seen him play in the AHL, so I can't comment on his development, but stats-wise, it looks like he would still find competition in the AHL, and would benefit from being there. He easily has the most potential out of the three choices, though.

in 02-03, Fahey could have been a ROTY candidate had he played all 82 games, as he netted 20 points in 43 games, leading all rookie defensemen in points.
However, his play has dropped considerably, and he looks more and more like an Andy Delmore type defenseman with more grit. If he gets a spot in San Jose, which is highly unlikely, he could get 30-40 points, but most probably, he'll be stuck in the AHL. Therefore, he is the worse choice of the lot.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Coliaiacovo is the safest bet to be in the NHL as well he will likely get power play time so that should help his pts obviously Suter is the best prospect but i dont know enough about him or the Preds to say if he will be in the NHL or what type of min/pp time he will get. I dont expect Fahey to see much NHL time this year.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
well, for starters...Suter will almost DEFINITELY be in Nashville this year. It's his spot to lose, we're told. By the end of last season, he already looked "too good for the AHL," so this was a foregone conclusion.

HOWEVER, I'm not sure expecting a lot of points is prudent, because he's being groomed as a PP QB that spends his even strength time as a shut-down guy. He'll be paired with Zidlicky...so he can babysit while Zids does his thing, but he WILL rack up some points playing with Hamhuis on the second PP unit.

DBrown23*

The hockey gods look down on the name on Suter's Jersey and give him calder trophy

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
DBrown23 said:
The hockey gods look down on the name on Suter's Jersey and give him calder trophy
No way he wins the Calder, no one has said that, but of the 3 he is heads and shoulders on top as far as potential. Colaiacovo being older/more experinced should have the better rookie year, but Suter barring injury could become one of the top D-men in the league.

mooseOAK*

Colaiacovo and Suter should both get second unit PP time so place your bet on which team will have the better power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad