GDT: COL vs. NYR: Ice Wars (9pm ET)

Easy Enough Poll: What is the best Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Rouge One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Other (If you pick this, you're wrong)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean MacK has never asked to pull the goalie in OT before. This was just for the streak but whatever. Even if they did and lost the extra point it wouldn’t kill them. But I understand from Bednar’s side for not doing it

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I mean MacK has never asked to pull the goalie in OT before. This was just for the streak but whatever. Even if they did and lost the extra point it wouldn’t kill them. But I understand from Bednar’s side for not doing it
Because no one ever did it before a few nights a go. He saw it worked for that other team (who I can't remember right now) and now he wanted to try it.

Yeah but when has MacK ever asked Bednar to pull the goalie in OT?
This is a monkey see monkey do scenario.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Because no one ever did it before a few nights a go. He saw it worked for that other team (who I can't remember right now) and now he wanted to try it.
Other teams have done it in the past. Usually right near the end of the season to try to get the extra point for the playoffs.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
One team did it recently though. And I'd bet a fair amount, that's where MacK got the idea.
Wild did it because they were truly desperate for the extra point. I respect your option that MacK did it to get the extra point, but IMHO, he wanted the streak to continue. Either way there is no knock on Nate for wanting it. Nothing wrong either way

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I still absolutely despise when players say "I thought we played good enough to win tonight". Giving a good effort is great, but that's not the mentality I wanna see.

You gotta read between the lines a little bit.

Listen to the way he’s talking and look at his body language. He’s being respectful, but what he’s really saying is “We’re better than them, and despite losing, we proved that.”

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
You gotta read between the lines a little bit.

Listen to the way he’s talking and look at his body language. He’s being respectful, but what he’s really saying is “We’re better than them, and despite losing, we proved that.”
That's good to hear. I haven't watched the interview yet. I only saw a snippet from a tweet.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad