Confirmed Trade: [COL/TOR] Denis Malgin for Dryden Hunt

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The thing is, he's creating for himself and others. He's not just getting lucky bounces on tap ins. Some of his goals are highlight worthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He’s already scored 8 goals in Colorado. He’s a player for the Avs. He’s making a difference. He’s helping them outscore the other team with some frequency. Good player. Definitely has some top six scoring chops.

Are we talking about the guy with 16 points in 53 games?

Do you think Pontus Holmberg has first line scoring ability? He has 13 points in 37 games playing 4th line minutes.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

Do you think Pontus Holmberg has first line scoring ability? He has 13 points in 37 games playing 4th line minutes.
12 points in 30 games in 3rd line level production. the avs got him for a waiver wire player so it's been a really good deal for them as they have lots of depth scoring issues this year.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
It's not that he was inconsistent because that would mean he produced sometimes.

When he stopp, he STOPPED
Funnily enough I think the Avs are getting to the point where they might have a better idea of Malgin than the Leafs. He's played nearly as many games this season as he played in Toronto in two seasons. Guy looks straight up dynamic at times. I wish Newhook gave him half his effort.

I mean it's not like we made some main board post about Malgin. We just bumped a trade thread because he's been playing well and had a three point night.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
12 points in 30 games in 3rd line level production. the avs got him for a waiver wire player so it's been a really good deal for them as they have lots of depth scoring issues this year.

His 12 in 30 is inflated by an unsustainable shooting % though. I actually like Malgin a lot, but he is being overrated by a few in this thread.

Reactions: 666 and Menzinger

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As history repeats itself, it seems any player who struggles with Toronto tends to do well outside of that organisation and culture.
Bump aside, Dryden Hunt is a very good 4th liner and if were 6'3", somebody would be overpaying him by like 300%.
Hunt is a dime-a-dozen fourth-liner, absolutely nothing special in his game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As history repeats itself, it seems any player who struggles with Toronto tends to do well outside of that organisation and culture.

He's a fourth liner. If he had something special in his game, he would be a second liner.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He’s already scored 8 goals in Colorado. He’s a player for the Avs. He’s making a difference. He’s helping them outscore the other team with some frequency. Good player. Definitely has some top six scoring chops.

And now it’s mostly up. And the other team digging pucks out of their net. Pucks Malgin put in there vs bottom six lines. Big goals for a team that has had issues with bottom six productivity.
Couldn't care less about this guy scoring for someone else, he was never going to do it for us. He needed more opportunity than we were able to give him. Good for him.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I think that the biggest obstacle for Malgin is… Malgin. The swagger you are seeing with him in flashes, is something that he constantly showed in Switzerland. I think that he has it in himself to have that on a more constant basis, if not always, in the NHL too.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think that the biggest obstacle for Malgin is… Malgin. The swagger you are seeing with him in flashes, is something that he constantly showed in Switzerland. I think that he has it in himself to have that on a more constant basis, if not always, in the NHL too.

He might get time with Mack and Rantanen with ERod out. And that line typically gets two transition beasts in Makar and toews. Will be an interesting end to the season for sure.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
He might get time with Mack and Rantanen with ERod out. And that line typically gets two transition beasts in Makar and toews. Will be an interesting end to the season for sure.
Now that‘d be one hell of a boost for Malgin. Not only points-wise, but also for confidence in himself.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

And now it’s mostly up. And the other team digging pucks out of their net. Pucks Malgin put in there vs bottom six lines. Big goals for a team that has had issues with bottom six productivity.

Once upon a time, Sven Andrighetto had 16 pts in 19 games after joining the Avs.

Had two subpar seasons (total of 39 points in 114 games) after that and has been in Europe for 4 years now.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Once upon a time, Sven Andrighetto had 16 pts in 19 games after joining the Avs.

Had two subpar seasons (total of 39 points in 114 games) after that and has been in Europe for 4 years now.
What‘s got Andrighetto got to do with Malgin?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Burst of scoring after being traded doesn't equal continued success.

It's a pretty common story that repeats itself times and times again.

We will see if Malgin follows the same path or not.
Agreed. He hasn't proven much yet, good eye test though. Andrighetto's production always felt a bit fluky.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

Yep, just like Kapanen, Johnsson, Dermott, Nick Ritchie, Galchenyuk right?

Reactions: Puckstuff

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

are you really trying to big up Denis Malgin? lol give me a break. even if he keeps this up all sudden it wasnt happening with the leafs.... so who gives a shit
good on the Avs for getting production out of him, while it lasts atleast.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I liked him on the leafs and he has lots of skill. But I couldn’t understand why he couldn’t score. So many chances but nothing on the leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad