Proposal: Col - Mon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Not a chance from an Avs POV. Tatar had a great season, but you have to keep in mind that he's never had a season this productive before as a 29 year old. There is a good chance this season was his peak production. Plus he only has 1 year left on his contract, so while he's definitely a valuable player, he's not recent #4 overall valuable.

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I don't think there's anything Montreal could realistically offer that would give the Avs the incentive to move Byram. A soon to be 30 year old with one 60+ point season and a $5.3m cap hit, and a former 3rd round pick, doesn't even warrant consideration.

Reactions: Richard88

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
The audacity to ask Colorado to tack on 5th to this deal haha

Isn’t Tatar like 30? And who the f*** is Norlinder?
I mean, he’s 29, just had two extremely solid seasons, fills a positional need as a LW and still has another year at a very good cap hit + norlinder who just won top junior aged player in the Allsvenskan (he’s a legitimately good prospect)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, he’s 29, just had two extremely solid seasons, fills a positional need as a LW and still has another year at a very good cap hit + norlinder who just won top junior aged player in the Allsvenskan (he’s a legitimately good prospect)
None of that matters. The Avs aren't trading away the player they just selected in last year's draft 4th overall for a dude that will be UFA in 2021 and Mattias Norlinder.

Are you cool trading away Cole Caufield for a roster player that will hit UFA next summer and a prospect selected in the 3rd round last year?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

After doing some research it does look like Norlinder is a solid prospect, but there is still no way I do that trade if I’m Colorado.

At 29 and only a year left on his contract Tatar doesn’t have a lot of value.

Reactions: alasania94

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don't think there's anything Montreal could realistically offer that would give the Avs the incentive to move Byram. A soon to be 30 year old with one 60+ point season and a $5.3m cap hit, and a former 3rd round pick, doesn't even warrant consideration.

This is my thinking too.

It would cost Montreal a major overpayment to get Byram. So much, that a deal really wouldn’t make any sense for them to do it.

You don’t trade away a defenceman a year after he was drafted in the top-5.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Habs would need to offer 2020 and 2021 1st's to get Avs to stay on line. It's not happening Avs keep their stud prospect. Not knowing how the draft order will even be decided this season does not help either.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
None of that matters. The Avs aren't trading away the player they just selected in last year's draft 4th overall for a dude that will be UFA in 2021 and Mattias Norlinder.

Are you cool trading away Cole Caufield for a roster player that will hit UFA next summer and a prospect selected in the 3rd round last year?
I would be open to discussion for a 28-29 years old top 4 lhd yes.
It's a different situation for the Avs, they have other bullets available for a Tatar trade. Also, Byram has more value then Caufield imo.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Suzuki and it's not happening.
OP is a trash offer.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
upload_2020-4-27_19-27-10.png

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
There's absolutely no way the Avs does this. We Avs fans are already dreaming of a top 4 :
Byram-Makar
Girard-Timmins

Also would be a bad salary cap move to add another forward that would ask probably something around 6M$. Rather sign both Burakovsky and Nichushkin at probably close to that what Tatar will ask. Stay the course and sign Makar, Landeskog, Grubs and Mack soon.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
There's absolutely no way the Avs does this. We Avs fans are already dreaming of a top 4 :
Byram-Makar
Girard-Timmins

Also would be a bad salary cap move to add another forward that would ask probably something around 6M$. Rather sign both Burakovsky and Nichushkin at probably close to that what Tatar will ask. Stay the course and sign Makar, Landeskog, Grubs and Mack soon.
There's enough capspace to add another $6m+ forward to the roster AND resign all of our key players. The only issue would be in 2023 with Mackinnon and Byram's deals, but at that stage Johnson ($6m), Compher ($3.5m), and Donskoi ($3.9m) will come off the books and we'll likely have replaced their roles internally by then (with Timmins/Helleson, Kaut, Bowers, Kovalenko, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad