Confirmed Trade: [COL/LA] Jarome Iginla (50% retained) for a conditional 2018 4th rounder

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Seems like LA's GM and Coach are on their last legs. These deals are confusing to say the least. You make these deals when in a playoff spot, not fighting for one.

LA plays a heavy game not a speed game, and will fit in fine with the rest of the struggling forwards.

Just IMO, but the Kings have a great chance to make it, and they gave up very little to nothing for Quick & Iginla. How anyone can be mad or dissapointed about these deals from a Kings perspective is beyond me.

The real issue is that the Kings are handcuffed witb bad long term deals for Gaborik and Brown. But that issue wasn't going to be solved at the trade deadline.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
People praising the deal for the Kings shows no one saw him play this and last year. He's slow as molasses, gets knocked off the puck by a slight breeze and in general has nothing left in the tank. He is not similar to Vinny in any way shape or form.

Getting him off the team is addition by subtraction.

at this point, getting everyone out of Colorado is an addition by subtraction

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
People praising the deal for the Kings shows no one saw him play this and last year. He's slow as molasses, gets knocked off the puck by a slight breeze and in general has nothing left in the tank. He is not similar to Vinny in any way shape or form.

Getting him off the team is addition by subtraction.

You're addressing an extremely small minority.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Interesting pickup but I doubt at this stage Iginla does much to get the Kings over the hump and into the playoffs.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's a win for everyone.

Us: Gets him the hell of the team, probably our worst player

Kings: A free gamble that could get some goals on the PP

Iggy: A longshot, but another chance at the Cup.

Anyone who says it's a loss for everyone don't know what they're talking about.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Any pics out with Iggy 88 yet?

The practice jerseys from this morning are blanks, but here he is at the skate. Yes, the line will be the 2008 Gaborik-Kopitar-Iginla line :laugh:

It's a win for everyone.

Us: Gets him the hell of the team, probably our worst player

Kings: A free gamble that could get some goals on the PP

Iggy: A longshot, but another chance at the Cup.

Anyone who says it's a loss for everyone don't know what they're talking about.

yeah there is a lot of really bizarre hate for the trade itself that I'm not understanding. It's a really minor move in the grand scheme of things that does well by everyone with a very outside chance of being something bigger.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Hopefully he scores 7 more points this season so he hits 1300 points so he doesnt have to come back next season just to reach that milestone. If he feel he can contribute another season, sure but i think this should be his last season. He has declined badly the last years.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Amazing what getting a good player off a terrible team can do. He is looking great so far.

First bolded: False and hilarious.
Second bolded: True and hilarious.

Jarome Iginla can shoot the puck and that's it. Absolutely nothing left in the tank. Sure, every odd shift you'll think he's doing fine but trust me this is not the case. Age caught up with him and more often than not looks putrid. Class act and a HOFer but hey the mans 39 now.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Amazing what getting a good player off a terrible team can do. He is looking great so far.

raw

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
11 / 12 / 88 were each -2 at even strength last night, but also scored the 3 power play goals. As usual the KINGS do everything the hard way. Wouldn't it be something if Iginla and the KINGS win the Cup.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Colorado is a garbage team; did you expect Iginla to perform well playing with them? LOL.

Put Iginla in a better situation and a more suited role and he plays great.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Iginla defenders are hilarious. He scored a goal, big deal. He hasn't looked any different with the Kings then he did with the Avs. He's still completely useless 90% of the time.

He scored goals with the Avs as well.

That said, I am rooting for him and the Kings to do well and make playoffs. Dont think they are close to being a cup contender but would also love to be proven wrong on that front as well, as Iggy deserves a cup before he retires.

But you're kidding yourselves if you think he's any better on the Kings then he was on the Avs.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
The Iginla defenders are hilarious. He scored a goal, big deal. He hasn't looked any different with the Kings then he did with the Avs. He's still completely useless 90% of the time.

He scored goals with the Avs as well.

That said, I am rooting for him and the Kings to do well and make playoffs. Dont think they are close to being a cup contender but would also love to be proven wrong on that front as well, as Iggy deserves a cup before he retires.

But you're kidding yourselves if you think he's any better on the Kings then he was on the Avs.

Pretty spot on.

The trade in and of itself was fine. Not like we gave up much.

The issue I have is that it's not the move we needed in order to improve dramatically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad