Confirmed with Link: [COL/CBJ] Ryan Stanton for Cody Goloubef

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I feel like Sakic's made more minor league trades than actual NHL trades (and the assistant GM probably made this one). Stop dickin around and fix your friggin team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sounds like this guy might be able to help the Rampage so that's good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
IMO, It sounds like Stanton is the better AHL presence and veteran, but Goloubef has some potential still with him.

But lads and lassies, another Blue Jackets player here.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Goloubef reminds me of Nick Holden. Ok offensively, ok defensively, good skater, but made enough mistakes that they never stuck with the Jackets.

Goloubef has been battling injuries and regressed. At one point last season, it seemed like he'd finally solidified himself as a legit NHL defenseman, so he got the one-way contract. Now he's been outplayed by multiple rookies and can't even get a call-up. A change of scenery might be good for him.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Goloubef reminds me of Nick Holden. Ok offensively, ok defensively, good skater, but made enough mistakes that they never stuck with the Jackets.

Goloubef has been battling injuries and regressed. At one point last season, it seemed like he'd finally solidified himself as a legit NHL defenseman, so he got the one-way contract. Now he's been outplayed by multiple rookies and can't even get a call-up. A change of scenery might be good for him.

Oh

4 char

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Hello all, Columbus fan here, I personally think Cody has a decent shot a being a top 4 defenseman still, the guy has gotten injured plenty of times and has limited playing time under Tortorella, check that, pratically none. He isnt going to wow you but has done everything okay, he just needs to stay healthy and clean up his game in his own zone. I dont think there's any reason to believe he wont be better than some of the guys you all are complaining about.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Oh no.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Only a few games for Stanton in the organization (and injured), then traded? Guessing this is a move based off of the CBJ connection, and CBJ was just happy to move on and get a good AHL defender. I remember a few years ago Goloubef seemed to have pretty decent potential, so I don't mind, even as an AHLer.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Stanton has played more NHL games than Goloubef has but didn't do enough at training camp to earn anything here so it's more another chance for each of these players.

Now Avs need to do the same thing with Gelinas.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Cody still has some upside to him. As others have mentioned, he's struggled with injuries, and I don't think Torts was very high on him. Still, I always thought Goloubef was an NHL-level defender - he can skate, brings some offense, and is solid enough on defense. Certainly would prefer him most nights over Dalton Prout. Hopefully Cody gets his career going in the Avs organization.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any CBJ fans can tell us what his usage was under Bednar? I assume top guy in the AHL. Is he a PP guy? It's clear the Avs needed a right hand option on the depth chart but also wondering how he fits in the AHL since our group there was getting pretty sketchy.

As far as Stanton, I thought he was solid as an AHL player but not sure he'd be more than a fill in for the NHL. And they desperately need someone who has puck skill on the Rampage. When you are thrilled to see Boikov back in the lineup because of his puck poise compared to the others you know it's bad. Oh and apparently Torts likes Stanton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad