Confirmed Trade: [COL/BOS] Keith Kinkaid for Shane Bowers

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I hope Bowers does well. Guy needs a chance.
Good tweener insurance for the Avs, but think Annunen will get more time up in Denver

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Don't understand the Avs infatuation on spending assets every damn year on 3rd string at best goalies (aka you won't win a damn thing if you have to rely on them if push comes to shove anyways so why get them?) during the season at all.

Oh well.
Sucks that Bowers did not amount to more and apparantely does not have any value anylonger.

I hope thats all they do at the deadline personally.
One dumb move is enough for this year and I doubt that there are any good moves out there considering that the Avs really have nothing to trade aside from a 1st they should probably hold on to given the lack of good targets this year.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Don't understand the Avs infatuation on spending assets every damn year on 3rd string at best goalies (aka you won't win a damn thing if you have to rely on them if push comes to shove anyways so why get them?) during the season at all.

Oh well.
Sucks that Bowers did not amount to more and apparantely does not have any value anylonger.

I hope thats all they do at the deadline personally.
One dumb move is enough for this year and I doubt that there are any good moves out there considering that the Avs really have nothing to trade aside from a 1st they should probably hold on to given the lack of good targets this year.
They spent assets on Georgie and Kuemper and Gruebauer too. Aves like buying goalers.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Would have preferred the Avs target a guy like Korpisalo, but not surprised they went after a G. Hopefully this is more of an insurance move than a Francouz replacement if he's going to be out long term.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Surprised the Bruins got anything at all for Kinkaid. He requested a trade and was fighting for starts in a 3 goalie rotation in the AHL.
That’s because you’re not paying attention to the bigger picture. He is an nhl calibre goalie. Can easily be a back up goalie in the nhl. Bruins just happen to be stacked on goaltending. They traded an nhl back up for a career ahl player basically. Although bower could easily be more than an ahl player. We saw kik aid this season play in the nhl. He played great, made a lot of difficult saves.

What a steal.. :rolleyes:
we don’t get a lot of first round picks over on the bruins side :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Snowwy and AslanRH

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Nothing about the move should make anyone feel more confident in their goaltending issues
Annunen played really well last time. This might be a signal that Francouz is out longer term and Annunen is the back up now. But they might also want to rotate guys so Annunen sees action in the AHL and doesn’t become rusty.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad