Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche re-sign F Valeri Nichushkin (8 years, $6.125M AAV)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
To be fair he looked unstoppable at times in the playoffs, but holy damn that's a high AAV for 8 years.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
You can’t be happy enough for the dude. From all reports he was an ultimate work horse the last few years. He would lift weights after games, strict diet, last to leave practice even behind Mack. Bednar said no one worked harder this year.

What a year for Nuke. Anyone saying he wasn’t top three most important players all year and especially the post season wasn’t paying attention. Happy for him

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
He's been a 30-35 pt forward before this

He'll have to keep up the production for this to be a good deal.

Gamble by the Avs but he was a big piece for them this year. He can't see his production fall off cuz this is an untraceable contract if he does
Tavares makes $11M, ffs. Hahahaha

Reactions: AvsFan29

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Colorado just killed the market, Everything is going to be inflated now

Reactions: Morrison

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Nuke is worth it. He's been an elite two-way player for years, and now with more opportunity comes the production.

He's 27. He should be a good player for most of the term of this deal. When it starts going bad, it won't matter. COL's window will already be over.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't love that term on that AAV. He's not a one hit wonder though, he's been an elite two way guy/play driver for years. Still, to age 34 isn't great.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
You can’t be happy enough for the dude. From all reports he was an ultimate work horse the last few years. He would lift weights after games, strict diet, last to leave practice even behind Mack. Bednar said no one worked harder this year.

What a year for Nuke. Anyone saying he wasn’t top three most important players all year and especially the post season wasn’t paying attention. Happy for him

This is awesome, f***ing love it. Happy for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad