Claimed off Waivers: [COL] Avalanche claim G Jonas Johansson off waivers from the Coyotes

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
@Richard88 found his 3G after all.

Seriously, what does COL see in this guy?
Just a solid all around teammate off the ice and at practice?
He's better than Hunter Miska.

To actually answer the question - he's a good fit in the locker room and is familiar with the team/system, understands his role, and is passable in a pinch for a few NHL games. Annunen is #3 in the depth chart, but they'd much rather him getting starts in the AHL than riding the bench if (lul, really it's a when) one of Frank/George gets injured.

There aren't going to be any better goalies for this role, so might as well go with JoJo.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
For clarity Florida has the last waiver priority. Colorado is second to last.
If I'm not mistaken, he goes back to the original waiver requests and since noone claimed him from that list (if there was a list) he can then be taken by the original team and sent to the A. A team that originally did not put in a claim cannot do it now.
But yes I forgot the Presidents Trophy winner is last in the pecking order.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Had the ultimate tank goalie….but alas he’s gone.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don’t remember ever seeing an org fight so hard to keep a career AHLer. Just seems like there’s be a ton of guys out there for league minimum that could give you a similar .880 save percentage in occasional emergency duty. Parkkila must just love this guy.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad