Proposal: COL / ANA / FLA

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
An Anaheim fan I spoke to suggested the following trade. Curious to hear some more thoughts on this proposal.

Basically, Anaheim sends Rakell to Colorado for Zadorov, Helleson and COL 2020 1st; and then Anaheim turns around and sends Zadorov on to Florida for MacKenzie Weegar and a 3rd/4th.

:ducks2

Anaheim acquires: Weegar, Helleson, COL 2020 1st, FLA 2020 3rd/4th
Anaheim trades: Rakell

:avs

Colorado acquires: Rakell
Colorado trades: Zadorov, Helleson, and COL 2020 1st

:panthers

Florida acquires: Zadorov
Florida trades: Weegar, 2020 FLA 3rd/4th

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
An Anaheim fan I spoke to suggested the following trade. Curious to hear some more thoughts on this proposal.

Basically, Anaheim sends Rakell to Colorado for Zadorov, Helleson and COL 2020 1st; and then Anaheim turns around and sends Zadorov on to Florida for MacKenzie Weegar and a 3rd/4th.

:ducks2

Anaheim acquires: Weegar, Helleson, COL 2020 1st, FLA 2020 3rd/4th
Anaheim trades: Rakell

:avs

Colorado acquires: Rakell
Colorado trades: Zadorov, Helleson, and COL 2020 1st

:panthers

Florida acquires: Zadorov
Florida trades: Weegar, 2020 FLA 3rd/4th

Why is Florida trading a seemingly prospective top four D on a light contract for cap when they are supposedly trying to cut cash?

I’m sure Colorado could just do a 1st, prospect and Zadorov to Anaheim tbh.

1st, Timmins, Zadorov actually seems right up Murray’s alley tbh.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Why is Florida trading a seemingly prospective top four D on a light contract for cap when they are supposedly trying to cut cash?

I’m sure Colorado could just do a 1st, prospect and Zadorov to Anaheim tbh.

1st, Timmins, Zadorov actually seems right up Murray’s alley tbh.
I think 1st + Timmins would get it done. Seen plenty of Anaheim fans agree to that. Colorado obviously prefer to keep Timmins and use other pieces though.

What do you think Weegar's next contract will be? Zadorov's QO is $3.2m.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think 1st + Timmins would get it done. Seen plenty of Anaheim fans agree to that. Colorado obviously prefer to keep Timmins and use other pieces though.

What do you think Weegar's next contract will be? Zadorov's QO is $3.2m.

I think if ANA moves Rakell for Col’s 1st they are getting Byram back. Rakell is going to be priceless with a flat cap and that contract tbh.

Reactions: Spazkat

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I think if ANA moves Rakell for Col’s 1st they are getting Bryam back. Rakell is going to be priceless with a flat cap and that contract tbh.
Byram is the No.1 prospect not yet in the NHL according to The Hockey News. He's not going anywhere. Besides, Anaheim need RHD more than LHD.

Reactions: Linds

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Weegar was also injured for a good portion of the year. He’s #2 behind Ekblad.
Looks like I may have underestimated Weegar.

Thanks to you and everyone else who's commenting. I was hoping to get some more insights into Florida's defensive situation and so I appreciate the comments.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Looks like I may have underestimated Weegar.

Thanks to you and everyone else who's commenting. I was hoping to get some more insights into Florida's defensive situation and so I appreciate the comments.

you’re welcome. Weegar was also a 7th round pick, the last one if I remember correctly (may be wrong). He’s loved because of that, and because he just plays the game well and is responsible. With Matheson being a first rounder and floundering, it kind of endears is more to Weegar.

the D needs work for sure, but guys like Matheson and Stralman would be gone first imo. Yandle may also be available, but I really don’t think so.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
you’re welcome. Weegar was also a 7th round pick, the last one if I remember correctly (may be wrong). He’s loved because of that, and because he just plays the game well and is responsible. With Matheson being a first rounder and floundering, it kind of endears is more to Weegar.

the D needs work for sure, but guys like Matheson and Stralman would be gone first imo. Yandle may also be available, but I really don’t think so.
Are Florida open to trading for Zadorov in general, perhaps for futures? Seems like they can use a physical LHD, and fwiw Zadorov already has a house in Miami.

Btw, if Florida owners want to cut cash and there is a CBO, do you think they'd be open to trading Stralman to Colorado for a buyout, in exchange for some decent picks? His remaining salary is $9m, and if the CBO is like last time (60% value) then Colorado would pay ~$6m spread over 4 years. That might be worth it for Colorado depending on the pick(s) involved.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Are Florida open to trading for Zadorov in general, perhaps for futures? Seems like they can use a physical LHD, and fwiw Zadorov already has a house in Miami.

Btw, if Florida owners want to cut cash and there is a CBO, do you think they'd be open to trading Stralman to Colorado for a buyout, in exchange for some decent picks? His remaining salary is $9m, and if the CBO is like last time (60% value) then Colorado would pay ~$6m spread over 4 years. That might be worth it for Colorado depending on the pick(s) involved.

that’s just an unsubstantiated rumor. And at Luongo’s jersey retirement ceremony, the owner didn’t sound at all like someone who’s looking to cut salary.

I’d love to have Zadarov, they may be open to moving Stralman, but not sure.

Reactions: Richard88

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think we have a found a similar player in Zadorov with Stillman. They both hit with reckless abandon.

Weegar and Ekblad was our top line duo for a good portion of the year and they clicked for the most part. Both were pacing career years.

Would have been all over Zadorov at deadline last year but things change in a years time.

No thanks OP. Rather keep Weegar who we are familiar with.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
that’s just an unsubstantiated rumor. And at Luongo’s jersey retirement ceremony, the owner didn’t sound at all like someone who’s looking to cut salary.

I’d love to have Zadarov, they may be open to moving Stralman, but not sure.
How about one of these proposals?
  • Zadorov for 2nd + 3rd (FLA have COL 2020 3rd that they can send back)
  • Zadorov and Kamenev for 2 2nds
  • Zadorov for 3rd + Kolyachonok
Kamenev has legitimate 3C upside but has just struggled to establish himself so far due to fluke injuries (like a broken wrist) as well as being stuck behind Colorado's strong C depth. I figure that if given that opportunity he can be a low-key addition to replace Haula as your 3C going forwards. Probably worth a 3rd or 4th on his own.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
How about one of these proposals?
  • Zadorov for 2nd + 3rd (FLA have COL 2020 3rd that they can send back)
  • Zadorov and Kamenev for 2 2nds
  • Zadorov for 3rd + Kolyachonok
Kamenev has legitimate 3C upside but has just struggled to establish himself so far due to fluke injuries (like a broken wrist) as well as being stuck behind Colorado's strong C depth. I figure that if given that opportunity he can be a low-key addition to replace Haula as your 3C going forwards. Probably worth a 3rd or 4th on his own.

they think a lot of Kolyachanook, and we’re loaded down with D-men. Would need to move one or two. Perhaps one of those trades would work, they’d need to move the other guy(s) in a different trade.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Colorado isn’t using a 1st on Rakell. Let alone add other valuable pieces to it.

If Colorado wants to add a 2nd line winger they’ll be able to do it for less than a 1st rounder when you consider how much cap space they have and how panicked other teams will be to shed salary.

Reactions: DallasGaume

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad