Post-Game Talk: Cody Crybabies Beat Final Boss Doughty

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He doesn't even like hockey
PLD was fine. Flew by Desharnais setting up 2-1 and got a good shot off. Brilliant pass to Kempe minutes left that was Draiesque. Kempe should have done better with that. PLD almost scored on the wrap around. PLD had 3 crucial zone exits for the Kings including on the shift Oilers had them hemmed in for over a minute. On same shift it was PLD hitting McD preventing another GA. PLD also went after Kane, only King to do so. PLD also involved in the cycle the only goal the Kings scored tonight.

Dubois was +1 in a 4-1 loss.

This guy was very active. I get that people don't like him but he was far from any problem for Kings tonight. Fialla and Kempe were nothing tonight. Kings top line were -2. That can't happen for them to have any chance.

Kings have to work on lines as loading first line isn't working. Soon as they put Byfield and PLD together in third it was working.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Not sure if this is criticsm? Was a smart play and he got the chest bump in there after getting inside position on Danault, one of the best active forward defenders in the world.

Henrique with 3 goals as an OIler already and 21 on the season. Are people still getting on him? He's been fine. I like him with Draisaitl. Two very smart players.

Drai with an absolutely filthy pass to Henrique in third period. That almost was another goal.
I was starting to wonder about Henrique but your right, he’s a smart player. I liked that goal tonight, just go to the net.
Tell Nuge and McLeod to pay attention.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Should scratch Ceci now!!
And buyout Kane who is obviously Lucic 2.0

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Love seeing Kane and Perry tag-teaming guys out there. That line was quite effective.
Could be a masterstroke. McLeod with elite speed but lacking toughness playing with two vets that are bone crunchers. The line was really working. The sum of the ingredients seemed to complete it. Kanes best game obviously since February.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I agree with others as well... get Stecher rotated in there for Desharnais for some games... VD wasn't awful... but Stecher needs some ice time as well and giving some players rest down the stretch when this team is clearly a playoff team now... isn't a bad thing to do.

If McD wasn't chasing the Art Ross I'd be a strong advocate of sitting him for a few down the stretch as well.

Reactions: bellagiobob

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
PLD was fine. Flew by Desharnais setting up 2-1 and got a good shot off. Brilliant pass to Kempe minutes left that was Draiesque. Kempe should have done better with that. PLD almost scored on the wrap around. PLD had 3 crucial zone exits for the Kings including on the shift Oilers had them hemmed in for over a minute. On same shift it was PLD hitting McD preventing another GA. PLD also went after Kane, only King to do so. PLD also involved in the cycle the only goal the Kings scored tonight.

Dubois was +1 in a 4-1 loss.

This guy was very active. I get that people don't like him but he was far from any problem for Kings tonight. Fialla and Kempe were nothing tonight. Kings top line were -2. That can't happen for them to have any chance.

Kings have to work on lines as loading first line isn't working. Soon as they put Byfield and PLD together in third it was working.
LA expected PLD to be more than 'fine' based on what they gave up for him and what they signed him to. He will be the highest paid LA forward for the next 5yrs unless Byfield manages to get more.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Oilers played really well defensively like I said earlier. Kings didn't have a lot going until the Oilers started hanging back.

Oilers got a bit lucky when Dubois wrap around didn't go in.

But again masterful defending. I could point 20 plays tonight Drai made in own zone AND he got 3 assists. If anybody was on him in this GDT they should go to a doctor.

Drai was the best Oiler.

McD made some own zone turnovers towards end of game with it 3-1.

Nuge with a bad shift change leading to the Kings one goal. Something he's toned down but still occurring.
No praise for Skinner? I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Could be a masterstroke. McLeod with elite speed but lacking toughness playing with two vets that are bone crunchers. The line was really working. The sum of the ingredients seemed to complete it. Kanes best game obviously since February.

Watching those two tag team certainly helps me master a stroke.

Er... What?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LA expected PLD to be more than 'fine' based on what they gave up for him and what they signed him to. He will be the highest paid LA forward for the next 5yrs unless Byfield manages to get more.
Its an 8yr contract. An 8.5M contract in present time frame is around what 6-7M used to be. Cap likely going up etc. Player has potential to be a solid power forward for LA.

"What they gave up for him" lol Vilalrdi has been out for a month again and hardly ever plays. Kings got rid of him due to how he's rarely healthy. So essentially Kings gave up Iafallo and Kupari who is a complete bust. Villardi also has chronic back problems that will limit how long he can play. Even when *healthy*

Its a long range look for LA. Not a bad play but he has to be properly used. The Present Kings coach isn't much either. About as thick as McLellan.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Love seeing Kane and Perry tag-teaming guys out there. That line was quite effective.
Reminded me of this:
200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad