Waived: Coburn on waivers

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We are in last place because of the players Dorion values and has been acquiring for years. He has intentionally pursued older, bigger players who are perceived as tough and have character over talent, youth and speed. This is the result.

Shout out to Dorion also investing a ton into goaltending for years and having almost nothing to show for it besides a contract that will be bought out in a year.

D'Ohrion is plenty to blame for this mess but the accusation that he has always "pursued" older, bigger players is not really true. Other than this off-season who did he sign or trade for that was "older and bigger" and useless?

He brought in Duclair, brought in Zub, brought in Galchenyuk, signed Dadonov (old but does not fit your definition), he traded for Duchene, he brought in Zaitsev etc.

I think Dorion actually cares about properly developing the younger players which is why he felt it would be necessary to shelter them with older players (which ended up backfiring for sure).

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I like the message this sends to the locker room. It would be easy for guys to give up under these circumstances. Gotta keep 'em motivated.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Oh no, we're going to lose him!

image.png

Reactions: robsenz

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we are going to get veterans either get decent ones that can play or just dont bother...Save your assets ,as we need to draft well to trade well

Reactions: KeonHorton

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If we are going to get veterans either get decent ones that can play or just dont bother...Save your assets ,as we need to draft well to trade well
If only all you had to do was draft well to trade well.
You also need someone with a brain making the trades. We don’t have that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If I was an amateur scout for the senators I’d be pulling my hair out with each trade he makes.
Yep...I get that we cant keep all the picks...But dont just trade them for trash...Save up some and get something worthwhile at least

Reactions: Icelevel

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Not expecting a good game with Gud as his partner. Those two together spells tire fire.

They're just gonna get completely caved in lmao. Cue off the glass and out. Probably a delay of game penalty thrown in there for good measure.

Reactions: Emrasie

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't mind Coburn.. its odd the guy Dorion traded a 4th round pick for (see Zayde Wisdom from last year) and signed for 2 years is a continuous scratch.

lets hear about the expansion draft lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't mind Coburn.. its odd the guy Dorion traded a 4th round pick for (see Zayde Wisdom from last year) and signed for 2 years is a continuous scratch.

lets hear about the expansion draft lol
Explanation is no one saw the guy play except for DJ in junior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad