Coach Discussion: Coaching Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Heinola had a poor camp but he's been good with the Moose since then. If they lost in Seattle maybe he would've gone in Vancouver. Otherwise, the cap space isn't there for a call up just for the sake of it and we've been fortunate that the only games missed by defencemen this season are Pionk's 2.

Heinola was sent down last weekend so I don't see him going in the lineup on Friday unless the Moose have a game.

I really don`t either - my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek and heavily sarcastic. And I admittedly know little of Jet's plans to put Wheeler on LTIR and the cap space implications.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Watched Maurice’s practice PC today and I’ll say this… he looks unsettled and was extremely clumsy with his wording/phrasing.

IMO, they lose either of the next two in spectacular fashion, we will see ownership pull the plug.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watched Maurice’s practice PC today and I’ll say this… he looks unsettled and was extremely clumsy with his wording/phrasing.

IMO, they lose either of the next two in spectacular fashion, we will see ownership pull the plug.

So seven trips out west, skating slow, not getting bounces, takes a bit of a shot at analytics, rambles about a specific play... sounds about right

scheme is great - nothing to change - just need details. Check.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
So seven trips out west, skating slow, not getting bounces, takes a bit of a shot at analytics, rambles about a specific play... sounds about right

Did they not have 3 days rest before Buffalo?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Wow how many times did he mention the Arizona game ... hey Paul that game was 2 weeks ago back in November ... its December 10 days before Christmas.
Seriously Paul wants more scoring from the bottom six ... here's a thought maybe give them more ice time.
Sabres 4th line scored 2 goals playing 13 minutes while the Jets 4th line played 6-8 mins ... I think Maurice is in a fog.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My personal fave is the last line. “We’re still building here, we’re still building.”

They have been building for years if Moe is to be believed. You ain't building when all you play is a vet team. There is nothing left to build unless you start brining in the talented youth to help push the established core ahead and we all know that isn't happening under him this year.

What a crock of crap, and fans ain't buying it anymore nor should they.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
They have been building for years if Moe is to be believed. You ain't building when all you play is a vet team. There is nothing left to build unless you start brining in the talented youth to help push the established core ahead and we all know that isn't happening under him this year.

What a crock of crap, and fans ain't buying it anymore nor should they.
No he meant he’s building an addition onto his cabin at chipmans property

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He’s having trouble keeping up with his own BS. He’s always just made shit up but usually he’s a lot slicker. It’s like he’s lost track of which excuses apply in which situations.

And whoever asked that question claiming the metrics were great against Buffalo, should have done his research and asked Maurice why they fell off a cliff in the 3rd down by a goal. Now that’s a question I’d like to see him garble his way through.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Right after the Sabres game, I joked in this forum Maurice will say the players were tired because they were "mentally" in another time zone. (Ha ha). He did not say that in the post game ofcouse. I said that in jest.

But today Maurice actually said he still has players who think they are in the pacific time zone. Made it sound like he needs to cure that as if it was some strange disease.

Absolutely Hilarious. I'm sick of excuses.

Last edited:

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Fear is often an effective motivater. If things continue to trend on Maurice getting fired, I bet they may actually start winning . Vets do not want to lose their cozy favoritism with the coaching staff. We will see.

Reactions: Monty9

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'm fully on board with getting a new coach here but some of the workplace drama scenarios cooked up by a segment of the posters here would rival telenovelas for drama.
I agree on both counts but I have to admit that reading the posts on this forum is pretty entertaining and can make up for some of the lack of entertainment offered by the team.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Yeah, Maurice does look rattled there. He is now on the “hot seat”.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Maurice has had 8 years which is an extraordinarily long time in a hockey mad Canadian market.
Having a hockey team back is wonderful.
Chipman should want to provide an entertaining experience.
It’s not only that we are losing but we play a bland style of hockey on top of that.
Other than CSW being exempt from the wrath of Maurice he is not a good leader when it comes to holding players responsible.
He needs to go and the sooner the better.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg

Used to say if the games were played at the podium, this team has their man, and would be a bonafide Cup contender every year.

Guy could answer the lay-up questions from our media and talk himself out of anything.

However, as mentioned by other posters, he looks extremely shook in this presser. Reality is sinking in for him.

Long overdue.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Wow how many times did he mention the Arizona game ... hey Paul that game was 2 weeks ago back in November ... its December 10 days before Christmas.
Seriously Paul wants more scoring from the bottom six ... here's a thought maybe give them more ice time.
Sabres 4th line scored 2 goals playing 13 minutes while the Jets 4th line played 6-8 mins ... I think Maurice is in a fog.

My personal fave is the last line. “We’re still building here, we’re still building.”

He’s having trouble keeping up with his own BS. He’s always just made shit up but usually he’s a lot slicker. It’s like he’s lost track of which excuses apply in which situations.

And whoever asked that question claiming the metrics were great against Buffalo, should have done his research and asked Maurice why they fell off a cliff in the 3rd down by a goal. Now that’s a question I’d like to see him garble his way through.

Right after the Sabres game, I joked in this forum Maurice will say the players were tired because they were "mentally" in another time zone. (Ha ha). He did not say that in the post game ofcouse. I said that in jest.

But today Maurice actually said he still has players who think they are in the pacific time zone. Made it sound like he needs to cure that as if it was some strange disease.

Absolutely Hilarious. I'm sick of excuses.

Wow. That presser was like a condensed-game version of PoMo lowlights over the years. If I were one of the hapless hacks covering that spectacle I might have tossed my jersey on the podium floor.

Now waiting on the Ken Wiebe Jets Are Fine, Really explainer, where we learn that "getting guys going" is actually incredibly important even when it doesn't work and has never worked, that 11/7 is a winning strategy for the Jets, and that the apparent DZ systems crashes, appalling special teams, seeming lack of intensity and even minimal effort from key players and a single-pane fragility are in fact matters of "player execution," because no coach, even a Winkler Flyers coach, has ever said "Okay, team, go out and play your worst!" before a must-win home tilt against Buffalo.

And then Sean Reynolds can throw his jersey on the studio floor.

Go Mo Go. Really.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Wow. That presser was like a condensed-game version of PoMo lowlights over the years. If I were one of the hapless hacks covering that spectacle I might have tossed my jersey on the podium floor.

Now waiting on the Ken Wiebe Jets Are Fine, Really explainer, where we learn that "getting guys going" is actually incredibly important even when it doesn't work and has never worked, that 11/7 is a winning strategy for the Jets, and that the apparent DZ systems crashes, appalling special teams, seeming lack of intensity and even minimal effort from key players and a single-pane fragility are in fact matters of "player execution," because no coach, even a Winkler Flyers coach, has ever said "Okay, team, go out and play your worst!" before a must-win home tilt against Buffalo.

Go Mo Go. Really.
this should be a pinned post, w/ the quotes for this thread :laugh:

Reactions: JetsUK

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

Go Mo Go. Really.
To be fair, 11-7 worked for Tampa one year at least. BUT the MAJOR difference in my mind is how that bench is deployed. Mau hasn't figured that out - he gets lost in the moment and doesn't use it to its strategic potential. I suspect he's using it to "get guys going" - so when PLD scored, he shifted to others exclusively and increased our playing time imbalance instead of using it to balance our top 6's minutes or giving the guys that are hot extra time. But some of you others here are a lot better at visual analysis than I am - my strength is more extrapolative logic, so I'd like to hear others' perspectives about that they're seeing re: 11-7.

Reactions: RabidOne and JetsUK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad