Confirmed with Link: Clowe to NYR for Picks - 2nd, 3rd and Conditional 2014 2nd (Could Turn to 5th)

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
is this kid anywhere as bad as the kid that snapped after the sharks 1st round loss a few years back?

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
<Bump>

Not sure if this was ever reported.
Guess the Canucks offered the Sharks a 1st in this past draft. Something we could have used.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/1...e-locals-feud-with-refs-and-booths-back-baby/

At the trade deadline, the Canucks were chasing Ryane Clowe. The New York Rangers ending up landing him even though, and this was reported at the time, the Canucks had offered the Sharks more.

With his NTC, Clowe had final say and chose NY for family reasons and probably also because he believed the Rangers were more likely to meet his demand as a pending UFA, which at the time was $34 million contract.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
It's just dumb, especially if they were just gonna use the picks to trade up anyways.

Its so hard to say how things would have turned out. Lets says we trade Clowe to Van and we still beat them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Our picks would be 20th, and 24th... We would still have to trade up to 18th for Mueller, since our scouts were so high on him and Columbus was apparently going after him. If we trade up, that means we have no 2nd round pick at all (bye bye Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau). I don't know the prospects very well, but Shea Theodore was available, he seems comparable to Mueller (correct me if I'm wrong).

Pick Hunter Shinkaruk 20th and Shea Theodore at 24th?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Who can Clowe catch up to on our roster?

Clowe%20You%20Talkin%20To%20Me%20Animated%20Gif.gif

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Boudreau Torres and a 5 th for clowe. Wish raffi was healthy but I this should turn out well nonetheless

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Probably beter that we don't have him as Division rival. Who could "go" with Clowe on our roster?

I don't buy this sort of ideal. If there's a deal to be made that makes sense for both teams, it shouldn't matter if that team is in your division or not. This is Ryane Clowe, not Sidney Crosby.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Its so hard to say how things would have turned out. Lets says we trade Clowe to Van and we still beat them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Our picks would be 20th, and 24th... We would still have to trade up to 18th for Mueller, since our scouts were so high on him and Columbus was apparently going after him. If we trade up, that means we have no 2nd round pick at all (bye bye Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau). I don't know the prospects very well, but Shea Theodore was available, he seems comparable to Mueller (correct me if I'm wrong).

Pick Hunter Shinkaruk 20th and Shea Theodore at 24th?

Just to nit-pick, but Theodore is nothing at all like Mueller (I like him better, actually...). Theodore is to Burns as Mueller is to Vlasic.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Clowe in his current form would have made it easier to be Vancouver, not harder. Imagine the tears after we swept them, Clowe was one of their worst players, didn't re-sign, and we had their first...

It would have been glorious.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Clowe in his current form would have made it easier to be Vancouver, not harder. Imagine the tears after we swept them, Clowe was one of their worst players, didn't re-sign, and we had their first...

It would have been glorious.

In his current form. At the time...?
I'm not going to dump on Clowe. I loved him when he played for SJ. Good leader, and a beast with serious passion that was missing since Ricci left. Glad we didn't have to face him multiple times a year when he was prime.
As it turned out, the 1st from Vancouver woulds been nice, but hindsight is always 20/20.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Yeah he was a solid contributor for the Rangers, and they were stoked on him. He would have been great on the Canucks as well.

Matalvatz

Jun 19, 2007
So what's the lesson here? Don't be handing out NTC like you're giving away halloween candy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad