Confirmed with Link: Clowe to NYR for Picks - 2nd, 3rd and Conditional 2014 2nd (Could Turn to 5th)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't buy this sort of ideal. If there's a deal to be made that makes sense for both teams, it shouldn't matter if that team is in your division or not. This is Ryane Clowe, not Sidney Crosby.

Not in the same division, but Kiprusoff burned the Sharks, Ehrhoff kind of burned the Sharks...it makes some kind of sense...

I mean, it looks like the trade was a low 1st vs a second, what was essentially a second, and a chance at a third second. That isn't a bad trade-off.

Plus, DW gave the NTC and got something back in return. That has to be taken into account.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Clowe%20You%20Talkin%20To%20Me%20Animated%20Gif.gif
Pavelski looks so adorable talking tough.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
The only thing to gleam from this IMO is that Clowe didn't want to go to Vancouver, which shouldn't shock anyone. To me its evidence how strong the dislike is between the two teams. Not your typical fan driven rivalry.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Just to nit-pick, but Theodore is nothing at all like Mueller (I like him better, actually...). Theodore is to Burns as Mueller is to Vlasic.

yyyyeah, I checked out each players profile and Theodore sounds like he has a better offense upside. Don't we need that type of defenseman to replace Boyle more than another Vlasic?

Last edited:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
yyyyeah, I checked out each players profile and Theodore sounds like he has a better offense upside. Don't we need that type of defenseman to replace Boyle more another Vlasic?

Mueller isn't Vlasic...

I'm going to love it when this kid pans out like Coyle and Hertl did and everyone is acting like it was a miracle. Just a few months ago everyone around here was hoping Hertl would get 10 goals and 30 points this season :facepalm:

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Well, even if he did become another Vlasic, I think no one would be overly disappointed, since Vlasic is Mr. Studly these days.

Everything that I've read about Mueller is that the offense isn't coming as smoothly as originally thought. Do you know more then that?

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Mueller isn't Vlasic...

I'm going to love it when this kid pans out like Coyle and Hertl did and everyone is acting like it was a miracle. Just a few months ago everyone around here was hoping Hertl would get 10 goals and 30 points this season :facepalm:

Exactly why I try and reserve any kind of judgement when it comes to projecting kids who can't even grow facial hair. Mueller could be Vlasic type or Suter type or he may be Christoph Schupert...you never know.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Mueller isn't Vlasic...

Low expectations leads to more shock and happiness. Like if all of us were expecting Hertl to drop 40 goals in his first season his current pace wouldn't be as exciting as it is now. :D

He's going to be Pronger lite type :D

Hopefully not too lite.

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
I predicted Hertl to get 60 pts

Someone's gonna owe me a beer or a bowl of pho or something

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
In the end DW got a good deal for an aging/injured player with a ntc. I agree with Orr, that should be taken into account. Can you blame clowe for not wanting to go there? I doubt he had much love for them.

Whether or not the picks involved or traded pan out shouldn't have any affect on the original value of the trade.

I know some disagree with that point, but getting draft picks and using then effectively should be graded separately.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Low expectations leads to more shock and happiness. Like if all of us were expecting Hertl to drop 40 goals in his first season his current pace wouldn't be as exciting as it is now. :D

Hopefully not too lite.

Seriously though, the little I've seen him, his gait reminds me of Pronger. The more he fills out the closer he'll get. If he doesn't fill out as much he'll be more mobile, which isn't bad either. Of course this is all wild conjecture, but it's fun :D

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Mueller isn't Vlasic...

If Mueller becomes another Vlasic, we should rejoice. If you can pick a #2 defensive stud in at #18 overall, you've done a brilliant job.

Besides, I'm only taking stylistically. Mueller is often compared to Vlasic, and to me watching Theodore he looks a lot like Burns (as a D).

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
If Mueller becomes another Vlasic, we should rejoice. If you can pick a #2 defensive stud in at #18 overall, you've done a brilliant job.

Besides, I'm only taking stylistically. Mueller is often compared to Vlasic, and to me watching Theodore he looks a lot like Burns (as a D).
Well they found that at almost twice that far in the draft in Vlasic. Time will tell mueller is obviously behind Vlasic at this point. Let's see where's he's at by the end of the year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad